BBO Discussion Forums: Country flags on Star player profiles - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Country flags on Star player profiles

#1 User is offline   agamawi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-September-18, 13:03

Hi All

I suggest that players with star on their profile should have the option of having 2 flags as the case may require, the flag of the Home Country as well as the flag of the Country they played for, as some players must remove the flag of their home country once they play for another country in compliance with BBO rules, which is a bit hard to live with

i don't know how many agree with me
Regards

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-September-18, 13:19

Players can set their flag to whatever they want. There's no special rule for stars.

#3 User is offline   agamawi 

• Pip

Posted 2016-September-18, 14:27

barmar, on 2016-September-18, 13:19, said:

Players can set their flag to whatever they want. There's no special rule for stars.

I was warned by a BBO official that i have to keep the UAE flag (the country i played for) and not Egypt flag (my home country),
and when my Grandson changed it without while i was making coffee :) they removed the star, and i had to explain what happened before they restored it

#4 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2016-September-19, 10:08

agamawi, on 2016-September-18, 14:27, said:

I was warned by a BBO official that i have to keep the UAE flag (the country i played for) and not Egypt flag (my home country),
and when my Grandson changed it without while i was making coffee :) they removed the star, and i had to explain what happened before they restored it

hi agamawi,

Welcome to the forum :)

I can understand how you feel, but I cannot see BBO changing their software for the small number of people this involves. I have dual citizenship myself: British and Canadian.

Many athletes from the Commonwealth of Nations (former British colonies) are similar to you, competing for one country (Great Britain) but having been born elsewhere.

Just a simple suggestion, why not put in your profile "Proud Egyptian National now playing for UAE" To me, that's nearly as good as having your national flag on your profile. At least players will understand where your allegiances lie.

#5 User is offline   agamawi 

• Pip

Posted 2016-September-20, 00:41

The_Badger, on 2016-September-19, 10:08, said:

hi agamawi,

Welcome to the forum :)

I can understand how you feel, but I cannot see BBO changing their software for the small number of people this involves. I have dual citizenship myself: British and Canadian.

Many athletes from the Commonwealth of Nations (former British colonies) are similar to you, competing for one country (Great Britain) but having been born elsewhere.

Just a simple suggestion, why not put in your profile "Proud Egyptian National now playing for UAE" To me, that's nearly as good as having your national flag on your profile. At least players will understand where your allegiances lie.

Thank you very much for the valuable suggestion, I will do that.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users