• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should I have done more? Cheating in team games

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-September-18, 13:07

View Postzillahandp, on 2016-September-18, 13:03, said:

Cannot talk to p at all on ipad host or not, seems best but could be useful if teaching. Then its all clear to everyone at the table. But how do you get teaching table on ipad?

I think you can join a teaching table, but not create one, in the mobile app.

#22 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-September-24, 14:23

View PostKaitlyn S, on 2016-September-17, 09:26, said:

does anybody pay to play with someone on BBO?

At the very cheapest level, for ACBL pair tournaments tournaments, there is a partnership desk where some players play "pro" for the cost of the $1 entry fee. :)

#23 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-24, 14:34

View Post661_Pete, on 2016-September-17, 08:27, said:

My (inexpert) view is, cheats are basically paranoid 'saddo's with no real skill in the game, out there just to seek attention. Or am I wrong?

I think sociopath or psychopath would be better adjectives than paranoid. In any case, Steve Sion, Fulvio Fantoni, and Lotan Fisher are usually regarded as bridge geniuses, cheating notwithstanding.

At the lower levels of bridge, there are probably more cheaters since most of their opponents have no idea what is going on. As you rise in the bridge ranks, you need more undetectable cheating methods since expert players get a feeling they are being cheated, even if they don't know the method.

#24 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2016-September-24, 14:48

View Postjohnu, on 2016-September-24, 14:34, said:

I think sociopath or psychopath would be better adjectives than paranoid. In any case, Steve Sion, Fulvio Fantoni, and Lotan Fisher are usually regarded as bridge geniuses, cheating notwithstanding.

At the lower levels of bridge, there are probably more cheaters since most of their opponents have no idea what is going on. As you rise in the bridge ranks, you need more undetectable cheating methods since expert players get a feeling they are being cheated, even if they don't know the method.

There's a huge difference in why professionals cheat in major events (big $$) and why randoms cheat on BBO (ego, sociopathy).

#25 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-24, 18:23

View Postbarmar, on 2016-September-24, 14:48, said:

There's a huge difference in why professionals cheat in major events (big $$) and why randoms cheat on BBO (ego, sociopathy).

So is it your opinion that professionals cheat so they won't starve to death? and that they are otherwise normal?

#26 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2016-September-26, 01:25

View Postjohnu, on 2016-September-24, 18:23, said:

So is it your opinion that professionals cheat so they won't starve to death? and that they are otherwise normal?

I'm saying that the randoms who cheat on BBO obviously aren't doing it for a paycheck.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users