Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Software

#1 User is offline   Krisalda 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-September-15, 09:06

1. When I reset a score, I expect to see EVERYTHING ON MY TABLE starting from 0 not just IMP count. That is the whole idea of a reset. It is to start all over again from square 1. What you are doing is not a reset. If I just became the Host of a table, what do I care what previous games and scores were or of the history of that table? Final word and decision should be left to the Host not to software programmers. You might think of 2 options for a reset: Partial and Total

2. Every bid requiring 2 clicks is awkward, bad programming and outright ridiculous. Please ask your engineers to study replacing with a single click on a template that may look something like the one attached. Of course table format has to be arranged such as to allow placing this template in each of the 4 corners. Just imagine how the game will be transformed and how much more attractive it would be when a single click suffices for each bid

3. Bridge here is played on game by game basis. How come there is no option to play real Bridge? (Recording part score and finishing the rubber with 100+ points adding 500 if opponents are vulnerable and 700 if not etc.? All recorded on a proper bridge scoring sheet) (Also attached as a reminder of what it looks like to your programmers)

P.S. No option to attach a file here

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-September-15, 11:14

The old version of BBO had rubber bridge scoring as an option. I think it wasn't popular enough to include in the web version, most people played duplicate style.

#3 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2016-September-16, 02:01

hi krisalda,

Welcome to the forum :)

I've played on quite a few online bridge sites and BBO is by far the best by a long way in my personal opinion. In answer to your questions:-

1. Even if you become host at a table, there may be other players at your table who want to look at previous boards so resetting everything to zero will stop them doing so I assume.

2. Single clicking, double clicking, really is there that much difference? Having all the possible bids on one template needs space. At least double-clicking a bid allows you a pause to change your mind if needs be. And that's useful.

3. And yes, I agree, it would be nice to have a rubber bridge option* - and I was a dedicated rubber bridge player years ago - but I accept that the modern game is all about duplicate, and that's how bridge tournaments the world over are decided.

(*But online rubber bridge without money exchanging hands wouldn't feel quite right in my opinion either.)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users