BBO Discussion Forums: What to do? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What to do?

#1 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2016-September-13, 05:16

What is going on? What do we plan to do.
Scoring is Cross IMP
We are playing 2/1.

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-September-13, 05:24

I would just bid an agricultural 3.

2NT as showing two places to play is a possible treatment, but anyway 4-7 is a one-suiter, and besides East's double probably shows hearts.

Pass is also possible and may well be right, partner doubles for penalties after all and on a good day I can get him to lead clubs twice before trumps are drawn.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#3 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-13, 05:25

pass and collect a fat penalty. you've got a great hand in the circumstances.

#4 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-13, 05:37

opps are probably in a 7 card trump fit and if p has any sense they are not counting on cards like the !d KQ to be worth anything on defense. I would not be shocked to find p is VERY short in diamonds and it somehow feels right to lead a very plebian !D 2 to try and make sure the defense goes as well as can be expected. P knows we have a long weak dia suit and has expressed no game interest so let's trust them that 2s x just might be the best spot we can be in -- the heart A is a huge card we have not promised and the club void could make defese miraculous.

#5 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-13, 06:42

Perhaps we have some layout like this (very roughly):

I'm going to pass - partner redoubled then doubled for penalty, so his hand is probably based on a lot of points with some decent, if not long, spade holding. However, our diamonds are quite poor so 3NT and 5D are some way out. Let's just take the 300 vs a partscore.

ahydra

#6 User is offline   Kaitlyn S 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-13, 08:26

Why didn't I make a negative double planning on signing off in diamonds if partner didn't show hearts?

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-13, 08:30

View PostKaitlyn S, on 2016-September-13, 08:26, said:

Why didn't I make a negative double planning on signing off in diamonds if partner didn't show hearts?

Because according to the alerts, they play NFB(negative free bids) so double and then diamonds would be forcing.

Click on the yellow boxed bid in the auction of OP.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#8 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2016-September-13, 18:00

hi phoenix214,

My interpretation: TRUST PARTNER!

He's already shown strength with XX, and X of the opponents 2 bid re-affirms that (with a good trump holding). Take the penalty.

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-13, 21:08

Looks like pd has 4405
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#10 User is offline   GrahamJson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-September-14, 06:50

Passing obviously works best but I'd probably bid 3D. Partner won't always have such great defence. Sitting under the bidder his double is more cooperative than 100% penalty. Whilst he would be happy for you to pass he should be prepared for you to take out if lacking defence. I think that he might have bid the same with the major suits reversed or with a slightly weaker hand.

#11 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2016-September-14, 14:02

Since it is clearly mentioned that the pair plays 2/1 and also mentioned that 2 D is a NFB.by xx the opener is showing a strong hand and requesting partner to pass all his next bids warning perhaps a misfit in D.1S overcall may be ,therefore ,on tram tickets since his partner has made a negative double.As for me there is not the slightest doubt as to what to bid now.A confident PASS is my bid.

#12 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2016-September-14, 14:05

View PostKaitlyn S, on 2016-September-13, 08:26, said:

It appears,you have not paid enough attention to the fact that the pair plays 2/1 and that 2D is a NFB..Anyhow,the question is 'what do to do now?"which is left altogether unanswered!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users