• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mobile app 4.0.3 feedback thread BBO app version 4.0.3 released

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-September-08, 09:57

A new BBO mobile app has been released.

Only change in this version is a fix for the stuck keyboard and chat bugs experienced by some users on older devices.

Comments, feedback, bug reports welcome in this thread.

#2 User is offline   Mcauley 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-September-12, 12:40

Any chance to change the language option? I've been using English version for a long time, now from where i am located i think, its installed in Turkish, and not the best translation of phrases etc., at that matter

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-12, 12:59

It uses whatever the device's configured language is.

#4 User is offline   Kaitlyn S 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-September-17, 10:33

It's quite nice!

I have two issues - either or both may be resolved by educating me in a feature of which I am ignorant.

(1) When I look at the open team games, I don't know how many boards I am signing on for in the mobile version.

(2) The card animation seems to be slow. (I don't think I can make a play until I see the three other cards slide into place on the screen.) I have no issue with it other than the fact that it appears to others that I am being quite slow and they leave my table with great regularity when I use the mobile app.

#5 User is offline   chot 

• Pip

Posted 2016-September-17, 11:38

Somehow, the app has inconsistent tolerance for people who multitask - as l do for example between rounds in a tournament. Sometimes, l can cruise over to email for a few minutes before being booted. Today, however, l used no mre than three seconds to respond to a chat and came back to find myself offline (my hapless tourney partner was even more upset than l was!).

I hope you can figure this out. If more precise information would be useful, feel,free to contact me.

Cheers! David/chot

#6 User is offline   geppe 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-September-21, 08:20

I don't know in which forum write about my problem, so I try this.
Yesterday my phone Huawei P8 lite has been updated to Android 6.0 via OTA. After that, the BBO app disappeared and when I try to reinstall it I receive an error message 505, the app cannot be installed.
I've tried to clean data and cache of Google Play and Google Play services, tried to reinstall Adobe Air, but the problem persists.
I think something of the previous installation isn't correctly cancelled - but I don't know how can I fix it. Someone can help me? Many thanks (and sorry for my bad english)
Geppe

#7 User is offline   Geoff103 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-October-14, 02:59

The adverts are back. And damned annoying they are too. The banners take up too much screen space when playing on the app on an iPad Mini. Even worse on a smart phone. The animations are also extremely distracting.

Please, please give users the option of paying for an ad-free version of the app

#8 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-14, 03:52

We are aware that ads are unpleasant, especially on smaller devices. We're doing the best we can to keep them clean and non-intrusive,

There is a way to be rid of ads. As soon as you play something pay, or rent robots or do some other type of pay activity on BBO ads will be hidden for a week. We've raised the time interval to hide ads from 24 hours to 7 days, so now if you spend money on BBO you won't see ads for longer than before.

#9 User is offline   Geoff103 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-October-14, 06:43

View Postdiana_eva, on 2016-October-14, 03:52, said:

We are aware that ads are unpleasant, especially on smaller devices. We're doing the best we can to keep them clean and non-intrusive,

There is a way to be rid of ads. As soon as you play something pay, or rent robots or do some other type of pay activity on BBO ads will be hidden for a week. We've raised the time interval to hide ads from 24 hours to 7 days, so now if you spend money on BBO you won't see ads for longer than before.

But generally I don't want to rent robots to be rid of ads. I'd be quite happy to pay for the app though to do the same. If you are saying you, BBO that is, can't do this or more likely won't do this, then I find that very sad and think you contemptuous of your users.

#10 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-14, 07:00

View PostGeoff103, on 2016-October-14, 06:43, said:

But generally I don't want to rent robots to be rid of ads. I'd be quite happy to pay for the app though to do the same.

I don't understand the difference. You don't have to use the robots that you rent. So if you rent robots and don't use them, how are you any worse off than if you simply make a corresponding payment "to be rid of ads"?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#11 User is offline   goandi 

• Pip

Posted 2016-October-14, 08:52

View Postdiana_eva, on 2016-October-14, 03:52, said:

Dear Diana_Eva,

Thank you for increasing the duration to 7 days.

Ads are very annoying and I also understand the importance of ad based revenue necessary for developing and maintaining BBO.

As other users suggested, maybe you could add a bulk payment option, say $0.25*52=$13 or so yearly so if people wanted, they could pay once and not have the annoying ads for a year.

Regards,

#12 User is offline   Geoff103 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-October-14, 09:51

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-October-14, 07:00, said:

I don't understand the difference. You don't have to use the robots that you rent. So if you rent robots and don't use them, how are you any worse off than if you simply make a corresponding payment "to be rid of ads"?

So every 7 days, I have to rent robots I don't use and don't want?. I don't understand why you don't recognise that amongst your users there are many of us who would be prepared to make a one-off payment for the app to be free of advertising. Many other apps do this. Why can't BBO?

In this instance, you are being perverse not I.

#13 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-October-14, 14:12

View PostGeoff103, on 2016-October-14, 09:51, said:

So every 7 days, I have to rent robots I don't use and don't want?. I don't understand why you don't recognise that amongst your users there are many of us who would be prepared to make a one-off payment for the app to be free of advertising. Many other apps do this. Why can't BBO?

In this instance, you are being perverse not I.

You imply that I accused you of being perverse. I did not. I might yet, but until then I shall thank you to extend the same courtesy. I simply asked a question, and one which to my mind you have yet to answer, the closest being a comparison with practices adopted by other sites.

You also imply ("your users") that I have some sort of proprietorial interest in BBO. I do not. I have no closer connection to BBO's ownership, shareholders, management, programmers, staff, suppliers, debtors, creditors, subcontractors, advertisers or whatever than do you (I don't know if you have any such connection but since I have none it cannot be more than yours).

To be frank, if someone is prepared to pay over the odds for a desired feature simply because they do *not* wish to take advantage of what is essentially a freebie, then I say let him. Place me on record that I have no objection whatsoever to BBO accommodating those desires.

You also imply that the existing arrangements in some way inhibit your preference for making a one-off payment. That is misinformed, as is your belief that your only current option is to rent a robot by the week. You can place a one-off deposit with BBO for an amount that would cover you any period of time. 10 years if you wished. How is that perverse? Not only that, but you can release that prepayment or withhold it over time entirely at your discretion, which provides you with enormously more flexibility than an annual one-off use-it-or-lose-it subscription. But as I say, I have no objection to your denying yourself that flexibility. My only question was why you would want to?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#14 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-12, 07:21

View Postbridgech32, on 2016-November-12, 05:40, said:

我经常碰到在打牌和叫牌过程中,突然就看不到牌或者看不到叫牌框,退出房间进去也不行,需要退出程序再重新登录进来才行,有时候好像其他3个牌友也有类似问题,大家碰到类似现象的都反馈一下哈

Hi

Today Bridgech32 reported his issues on 4.0.3 chinese version. Here I would translate his report into English.

He said :

I often encountered not to see my hand or bidding box suddently while I played with my three friends at BBO, even I left my room, I can't see it. So I had to exit and renew to log into BBO for every time, sometimes my three friends in my table also encountered such similar issues.

My mobile app : 4.0.3 chinese version

My username : Bridgech32
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

His reporting link : http://www.bridgebas...040#entry904040

#15 User is offline   dcrc2 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-November-13, 05:08

There is a bug whereby the app incorrectly highlights whose turn it is to bid. This only happens at the start of the bidding: after a call has been made it gets sorted out. If you are dealer, then you do get the bidding interface but often a different player is highlighted.

On Android v4.0.3

#16 User is offline   chebfarid 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-December-06, 09:09

Version 4.0.3 almost unplayable on iPad with iOS 10: buttons freeze and don't react, screensize changes constantly, sometimes you can't even log out anymore. Sorry to say it but it's a real mess!

Cheers
Farid Mezaber
Milan

#17 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-06, 10:31

View Postchebfarid, on 2016-December-06, 09:09, said:

Version 4.0.3 almost unplayable on iPad with iOS 10: buttons freeze and don't react, screensize changes constantly, sometimes you can't even log out anymore. Sorry to say it but it's a real mess!

Cheers
Farid Mezaber
Milan

Hi Farid, we added a few BB$ into your account. Can you please try to play a pay game (this hides the ads for a week) and then tell us if the problems persist? Will the app still be freezing or unresponsive?

#18 User is offline   chebfarid 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-December-06, 13:19

Deleted double post

#19 User is offline   chebfarid 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-December-06, 13:55

View Postdiana_eva, on 2016-December-06, 10:31, said:

Hi Farid, we added a few BB$ into your account. Can you please try to play a pay game (this hides the ads for a week) and then tell us if the problems persist? Will the app still be freezing or unresponsive?

Wow this worked!
Played a robot blitz and some casual hand and none of the problems appeared again.
Does it mean one should always have some BB$ in one's account to avoid those strange behaviours? Seems funny, though. :)

Thank you
Farid

#20 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-06, 14:18

View Postchebfarid, on 2016-December-06, 13:55, said:

Does it mean one should always have some BB$ in one's account to avoid those strange behaviours? Seems funny, though. :)

No, not at all :) I was trying to figure out whether the problem is with iOS10, or with the ads. So eliminating ads, we could figure out whether it's the OS upgrade that broke something in the app or not.

Looks like it is the ads, ah well :( We'll see what we can do about that, thanks for checking.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users