BBO Discussion Forums: User 321sss passed away. Trying to reach players who might have played with him - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User 321sss passed away. Trying to reach players who might have played with him

#1 User is offline   321sss 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-September-06, 16:29

Dear All,

I am completely new to this portal. My dad's passion besides math was playing Bridge. He recently passed away at the age of 76. He was very active on this site under the username '321sss' and played for long hours. His routine was limited to watching TV and playing Bridge due to certain ailments. So much was his love for Bridge. I am hoping to reach anyone who might have played with or against him. His legacy is defined by his profession (Math professor for 50+ years) and his love for the game of Bridge. I am hoping to learn from his Bridge partners how he was as a player, what his strengths were, any unique skills he demonstrated, etc. I am planning to use this information in an article I am authoring about my dad.

Thanks for the time and attention. If I have posted incorrectly on this forum, I apologize for the error. Please guide and I'll take corrective actions.

Regards,
Sudhir
sudhir_narayana (at) yahoo (dot) com

#2 User is offline   kuhchung 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-September-06, 17:08

That is so sad, condolences
Videos of the worst bridge player ever playing bridge:
https://www.youtube....hungPlaysBridge

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-September-06, 18:20

Condolences.

A few of his more recent partners are on public record. I have no idea whether any of them were regulars.

Google BBO Myhands

then searchon player ID 321sss changing days to months.

This facility requires that you log in to the Myhands site with a valid BBO ID. You may have access to 321sss login given that you have successfully posted hee but it doesn't matter if not. Any valid account will suffice and you can create one for free if required.

Then you can log on to the main BBO playing area and private message/mail the identified partners who may or may not respond.

Good luck
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-September-06, 18:36

Log on BBO with your father's username

Click Who's Online

You'll see a list of friends and people he followed. People marked as Friends are those who have marked your father as a friend. They're probably more likely to talk about your dad and know what he was like at the bridge table.

You can also click My BBO, then "Manage the players I follow or ignore". You can see all his friends there. Those in a bright blue color are friends, greyish blue are followed people. Try reaching the bright blue ones by BBO mail.

#5 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-06, 23:48

Sorry for your loss, Sudhir.
OK
bed

#6 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-07, 00:41

Condolences

Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users