• You cannot reply to this topic

The one that I prevailed!

#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-September-02, 07:03

Cross IMPs. Pd and opponents are GIB.

Lead=Q (100 % singleton according to your experience with this piece of ***** EW players)Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2016-September-02, 09:10

View PostMrAce, on 2016-September-02, 07:03, said:

Cross IMPs. Pd and opponents are GIB.Lead=Q (100 % singleton according to your experience with this piece of ***** EW players)Posted Image
Thank you, Mr Ace for all your fascinating insights into Gib's style of play, My guess
Spoiler

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2016-September-02, 09:19

View Postnige1, on 2016-September-02, 09:10, said:

Thank you, Mr Ace for all your fascinating insights into Gib's style of play, My guess
Spoiler

Think again. Your line requires RHO to hold 4 diamonds. You can do better than that.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-02, 09:41

Best chance I can see is the partial elimination and endplay aiming to score the 10th trick with J8 under KT9. That is probably an improvement on the full dummy reversal but there is almost certainly something better, particularly against stronger defenders.
(-: Zel :-)

#5 User is offline   alok c 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-September-02, 11:24

Delete

#6 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-02, 15:01

after you ruff a diamond in dummy, you have to decide which other red card to ruff in dummy. of course you expect this to be a heart, but it gives an opportunity for a great false card from west when he throws his queen from 4, setting up your essentially worthless jack, so that you'll play a 4th round and allow east to reduce his trumps (yes i know hearts are probably not 6-2 after west didn't open a weak 2, but you do have akj between the 2 hands, so it's definitely possible).

#7 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-02, 15:02

Playing East for 4 diamonds is unlikely, when spades are 1-4 already.
The hand can be made if East has 4333 4432 or 4342.

Duck the Q. West could be endplyed at trick 2. He might even switch to clubs.
But for the sake of the argument let's assume he switches to a heart and the J does not hold.
Play hearts and ruff the third heart.
Now play 3 rounds of diamonds and ruff the third diamond.

Now play 3 rounds of clubs.
If East wins he is trump endplayed.
If East ruffs he is ruffing your club loser.
If West wins, East will have to ruff the next card on which South will play the J and West is trump endplayed.

Rainer Herrmann

#8 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2016-September-02, 15:17

View Postrhm, on 2016-September-02, 15:02, said:

Better to cater for East being 4333.

Rainer Herrmann

If E is 4333 it is easy. Just ruff a diamond and a heart and cash AK and exit with something other than trump club and claim.

This way we always make as long as East has 3-3 reds or more. I made a mistake in last 4 cards and exitted with diamond but still prevailed. I should have exit with club. So i can make when E has

When he is 4234 I fail.

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2016-September-02, 15:30

View Postwank, on 2016-September-02, 15:01, said:

after you ruff a diamond in dummy, you have to decide which other red card to ruff in dummy. of course you expect this to be a heart, but it gives an opportunity for a great false card from west when he throws his queen from 4, setting up your essentially worthless jack, so that you'll play a 4th round and allow east to reduce his trumps (yes i know hearts are probably not 6-2 after west didn't open a weak 2, but you do have akj between the 2 hands, so it's definitely possible).

East holding 4th diamond won't help him if he throws Q as long as club QJ are split.

So I won the A and played 3 rounds of diamonds, ruffing 3rd. and then AK of hearts and a heart ruff, now club K and club to A. Exitted with last diamond. If RHO has 4th diamond, I ruff for 10th trick. If LHO has it, which he did, I discarded a club. But RHO had QJx clubs and I prevailed despite my mistake. He could not ruff 4th diamond and play a club to his pd.

My mistake was to exit with diamond in last 4 cards. If I exit with clubs I always make. (after 3rd is followed)

#10 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-02, 15:32

[deleted

#11 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2016-September-02, 15:39

{comments}

#12 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-02, 16:59

View PostMrAce, on 2016-September-02, 15:30, said:

East holding 4th diamond won't help him if he throws Q as long as club QJ are split.

So I won the A and played 3 rounds of diamonds, ruffing 3rd. and then AK of hearts and a heart ruff, now club K and club to A. Exitted with last diamond. If RHO has 4th diamond, I ruff for 10th trick. If LHO has it, which he did, I discarded a club. But RHO had QJx clubs and I prevailed despite my mistake. He could not ruff 4th diamond and play a club to his pd.

My mistake was to exit with diamond in last 4 cards. If I exit with clubs I always make. (after 3rd is followed)

my point was that if east has 4D and 2H, you need to ruff 2 diamonds, then play the clubs. you play 3 rounds of diamonds then decide which red card to ruff next. if west plays the queen on the 3rd round you'll be tempted to ruff/cash the 4th diamond. if west then magically produces the 4th diamond, it'll be too late to reverse the decision if east can safely exit in clubs.

#13 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2016-September-02, 18:39

View Postwank, on 2016-September-02, 16:59, said:

my point was that if east has 4D and 2H, you need to ruff 2 diamonds, then play the clubs. you play 3 rounds of diamonds then decide which red card to ruff next. if west plays the queen on the 3rd round you'll be tempted to ruff/cash the 4th diamond. if west then magically produces the 4th diamond, it'll be too late to reverse the decision if east can safely exit in clubs.

I understood you.

But what you saying is almost impossible. Assume I played 3rd and got overruffed.. In order for me to lose

-East will hold 3d+2h+4club
-W will drop the Q from 4th
-East with 4 clubs will have no club honor.
- W would be leading trump Q when he has a QJx suit

I would not really worry about this.

Your second scenario, when E has 4 diamonds 4243 but over ruffs 3rd , I may still make it. (if i start hearts before ruffing diamonds and if diamond finesse works when ruffing 3rd fails) Assume that I ruffed 3rd and east followed and then ruffed 3rd diamond but it is over ruffed (this is more likely). Now east will need a safe exit, which is unlikely unless he has 4th

#14 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2016-September-02, 18:51

A similar line seems to work when RHO has has a singleton

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users