BBO Discussion Forums: Share my pain! - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Share my pain!

#21 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2016-September-04, 18:25

Both X look totally normal and 3S over a pass look normal.

Idk if i would have X 3H with north hand, I think its marginal. Its not like ive got a lot of experience in similar situation. Tough situation.
I feel that ive got some values, a surprise in trump and a singleton to lead (im not going for the QD lead).

If this is your painful deal my guess is that you had a good session.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#22 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-04, 19:16

View Postbenlessard, on 2016-September-04, 18:25, said:

Both X look totally normal and 3S over a pass look normal.

Idk if i would have X 3H with north hand, I think its marginal. Its not like ive got a lot of experience in similar situation. Tough situation.
I feel that ive got some values, a surprise in trump and a singleton to lead (im not going for the QD lead).

If this is your painful deal my guess is that you had a good session.

I was the one who bid 3 (after initial dbl). It was not a good session but this one really got into me, idk why. Perhaps I could have known to pass 3. But I think Fluffy is right that I am resulting. Though I also believe dbl of 3 by N being clear is also resulting.
3 did not even occur to me tbh. I thought about 3 alternative to DBL. But then I decided I would be more than happy with the defensive tricks and A7 , had my pd decided to convert DBL.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#23 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2016-September-04, 19:40

What was the field results ?

Agree 100% that 3C isnt an option. So its really the X or not that can win or lose the board imo. I dont think its reasonable to blame north either way.

I know most wouldnt X 3H but I strongly believe people are too chicken when it come to doubling in that type of spot. So i guess there was a lot of 3S contract at the otehr table too.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#24 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-05, 11:29

View Postjogs, on 2016-September-03, 12:36, said:

MrAce did a switcheroo on me. I was bidding 3C on the original hand.

With 5=1=4=3 I would double. But if I had chosen 3, partner certainly wouldn't double with his 5 diamonds.

FYI

http://bridgewinners...-problem-13729/

http://bridgewinners...-problem-13728/

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#25 User is offline   jogs 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:student of the game

Posted 2016-September-05, 12:57

Obviously those readers hadn't read my posts on our tricks.

Our tricks

E(tricks) = trumps + (HCP-20)/3

The reopening 3 bid has a higher lower bound than the reopening double. Therefore after 3 partner knows we have half the deck and I have black cards while he has red cards. Bad for offense and good for defense.

The same formula applies to their tricks.

Their tricks

E(tricks) = trumps + (HCP-20)/3

With 5 hearts pard knows they have at most 8 hearts. Also after the 3 rebid pard knows to lead a club.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users