BBO Discussion Forums: The Totally Useless, Non-Scientific BBO Opinion Poll for Current Events - BBO Discussion Forums

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Totally Useless, Non-Scientific BBO Opinion Poll for Current Events What?????

#361 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2016-September-26, 10:02

Runs like this:

Trump, "Jobs suck."
Politico, "Trump lies."
Hillary, "There is a gap between the rich and the poor that keeps growing. Main Street has not had a pay raise in 15 years. We need better paying jobs."
Politico, "Hillary speaks the truth."
Mass of voters, "Per politico, Trump lies more than Hillary."
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#362 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-26, 14:15

With regard to trade, jobs, etc here would be a good question for HC:

You once supported the TPP, you called it the Gold Standard, you now reject it in its current form. Please explain, specifically, which features of the TPP in its current form have led you to this change of view. In particular, do you believe that if a few fairly modest adjustments could be made then you would favor its passage or do you believe it should be scrapped in its entirety?
Ken

#363 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2016-September-26, 14:21

View Postkenberg, on 2016-September-26, 14:15, said:

With regard to trade, jobs, etc here would be a good question for HC:

You once supported the TPP, you called it the Gold Standard, you now reject it in its current form. Please explain, specifically, which features of the TPP in its current form have led you to this change of view. In particular, do you believe that if a few fairly modest adjustments could be made then you would favor its passage or do you believe it should be scrapped in its entirety?

I had nothing to add but I thought your suggestion was so good that it needed to be quoted and reposted so people had to read it twice.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#364 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-September-26, 15:11

I've never heard a politician dissolve into prolonged laughter when asked a legitimate question before. Step forward Emily Thornberry who holds one of the shadow foreign policy positions.

The question was (sense correct possibly not exact words):

"It's quite possible Donald Trump will be elected US president, where do you think he and Jeremy Corbyn will find common ground ?"

#365 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-26, 18:20

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-September-26, 15:11, said:

I've never heard a politician dissolve into prolonged laughter when asked a legitimate question before. Step forward Emily Thornberry who holds one of the shadow foreign policy positions.

The question was (sense correct possibly not exact words):

"It's quite possible Donald Trump will be elected US president, where do you think he and Jeremy Corbyn will find common ground ?"

Could the laughter have been about Jeremy Corbyn ever becoming Prime Minister? or was it solely in connection with Trump ever becoming President? I feel the former is much more unlikely than the latter.

#366 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2016-September-26, 18:43

View Postshyams, on 2016-September-26, 18:20, said:

Could the laughter have been about Jeremy Corbyn ever becoming Prime Minister? or was it solely in connection with Trump ever becoming President? I feel the former is much more unlikely than the latter.

I took it to be a concept for the Theater of the Absurd. An updated version of Travesties perhaps.

Anyway I am preparing for the debate. Alcohol is involved.
Ken

#367 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-September-27, 01:26

View Postshyams, on 2016-September-26, 18:20, said:

Not from one of his team I suspect. I think it was just the vanishingly small chance of them agreeing on anything important.

#368 User is offline   WellSpyder 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-27, 05:03

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-September-26, 15:11, said:

A whole new vision for the so-called "special relationship"..... :)

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users