Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disappearing hand

#1 User is offline   661_Pete 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-August-09, 12:29

Has anyone else had this? A few days ago I played a (fairly memorable) hand in the Acol room, and after it was played out it definitely showed up in the My Results box to the right of the screen - along with the running IMPs score.

But it doesn't show in the Hand Records list.

I've waited a couple of days and it still isn't there. Surely all sixteen tables who were dealt that hand must have played it by now.

I should explain that I've already contacted BBO admins, and they tell me it may be 'some glitch in the system'. I'm wondering, are such glitches commonplace? Does this bother anyone?

#2 User is offline   BabsG 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-09, 17:00

Yup - have had this happen more than once and received the same explanation from Help. My guess would be that some boards might "time out" before being played 16 times.

I remember playing one board brilliantly and was so proud of my declaring. But the board never did register so all I had was a memory. Alas. :rolleyes:

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-August-10, 08:57

Hands don't get sent to the permanent results until they've been played the full 16 times and is retired. This ensures that people can't see hands they might play in the future by looking at someone else's myhands history. But sometimes a hand gets stuck, and never gets played enough times.

While this is a known problem, it's infrequent enough that it hasn't been high priority to fix it.

#4 User is offline   661_Pete 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-10, 13:59

OK. I just hope it doesn't happen too often! At least, not when I've clocked a good plus!

The hand I referred to, would have added around 11 imps to my monthly total. At least, that's how the scores stood when I took a look at the traveller immediately after it was played, and I thought all sixteen tables showed as having been played, but evidently I was wrong. It was a freak distribution: partner had eight hearts to AKQJ, and 6 was cold - but only three tables reached it, I think.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users