Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Talking Pts. V??

#1 User is offline   bridgepali 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-August-03, 13:26

B-) I find because aces, kings, queens and one jack are pre-ordained trick winners, tricks are garnered through the following scheme.

When a card below the rank of queen becomes a trick winner (ntw), just like a pre-ordained trick winner (ptw) it is entitled to:
- replace a ptw that has been overtook or sacrificed.

- displace a ptw that it has been played prior to.

- be a thirteenth trick.

Depending on who a ntw is a winner for, it follows a pre-designated protocol.

If during the play of a hand a declarer ptw is overtook or sacrificed, a declarer ntw becomes it's surrogate when one is put forth. If upon conclusion of play of the thirteenth trick a declarer ntw has not been put forth, an opponent ntw becomes it's surrogate by default.

If during the play of a hand a declarer ptw has not been overtook or sacrificed by the conclusion of play of the thirteenth trick, a declarer ntw will either have:

- displaced an un-played declarer ptw.

- displaced an opponent ptw.

- filled the spot of the thirteenth trick if it hasn't been filled with a declarer ptw.

If during the play of a hand an opponent ptw is overtook or sacrificed, an opponent ntw becomes it's surrogate when one is put forth. If upon conclusion of play of the thirteenth trick an opponent ptw has not been put forth, a declarer ntw becomes it's surrogate by default.

If during the play of a hand an opponent ptw has not been overtook or sacrificed by the conclusion of play of the thirteenth trick, an opponent ntw will either have:

- displaced an un-played opponent ptw.

- displaced a declarer ptw. after an opponent ntw has filled the spot of the thirteenth trick.

- filled the spot of the thirteenth trick if it hasn't been filled with a declarer ptw.
or ntw.

The number of tricks each partnership takes depends on the distributed point count and player's skill.

B-)
Watch for Talking Pts. V???

#2 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-August-03, 14:20

I'm struggling to interpret this, but it looks as if all you have said is that there are 13 tricks per hand. That's not new.
Wayne Somerville

#3 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-03, 15:28

View Postmanudude03, on 2016-August-03, 14:20, said:

I'm struggling to interpret this, but it looks as if all you have said is that there are 13 tricks per hand. That's not new.

Also that long cards can take tricks in a suit after the honours are gone. I think.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#4 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-03, 15:37

I don't see trumps mentioned. Just as well. They would just complicate this explanation.

#5 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-03, 20:56

The OP has not once responded to any of the questions, advice or helpful criticisms that many have offered on these Talking Pts. threads. It is very possible that he or she does not even read others' contributions to these threads. Since the threads are nonsensical, perhaps it is wiser to ignore them.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#6 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2016-August-04, 00:20

It is sensible to ignore such lengthy posts which convey hardly any meaning at all. Yes,everyone knows there are are 13 tricks in contract bridge.It is absolutely unclear what the OP wishes to convey!

#7 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2016-August-04, 09:27

View Postbridgepali, on 2016-August-03, 13:26, said:

B-) I find because aces, kings, queens and one jack are pre-ordained trick winners,

The trump jack? Or maybe an abstract jack in an abstract hand with three AKQ suits and one AKQJ suit?

#8 User is offline   apollo1201 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-August-04, 11:41

View Postnullve, on 2016-August-04, 09:27, said:

The trump jack? Or maybe an abstract jack in an abstract hand with three AKQ suits and one AKQJ suit?

I think it is to make 13 honors for 13 tricks. Anyway, I've never really understood the purpose and the utility of those threads. As pointed by others, we shouldn't read and react. Well, I just did the reverse😎

#9 User is offline   cynac 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-August-05, 04:47

I have been overtooked by ennui

#10 User is offline   bridgepali 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-September-11, 14:11

B-) Good Day Bridge Pals:

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Talking Pts. V??.

:)

#11 User is offline   Kaitlyn S 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-September-11, 17:53

View Postbridgepali, on 2016-September-11, 14:11, said:

B-) Good Day Bridge Pals:

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Talking Pts. V??.

:)

Please don't take this the wrong way.

Are you trolling?

For if you are not, you would (a) make your posts more understandable, and (b) read and respond to some of the replies.

If you are actually looking for input on what you are saying, you'll follow that advice. For it might be noted that I'm willing to reply to those who respond to my posts and some of them could easily be classified as "A rant by a lunatic!" and I still got lots of replies :)

Oh, and speaking of rants by a lunatic, you can look forward to "The plethora of people who leave team games", and "Hosts who boot you from the table for misguessing a hand", but as a sneak preview, suffice it to say that the number of people that I will never ever play with is in triple digits now after what, a month on the site?

EDIT to add: I'm glad nobody replied to this - I thought about it and realized it might be read as me being an elitist that thinks nobody is good enough to play with. Let me be clear that none of those "never again" players has one iota to do with bridge skill, and every one of them has done something implying that zhe is not a decent human being.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users