Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Filter tournaments option Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

#1 User is offline   deanrover6 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-July-31, 12:06

Please offer an option to filer the available tournaments. A couple of suggestions

i) Filter by Individual/Pairs.
ii) Filter by robot/human
iii) Filter by 'Am I eligible to play in this tournament?'
iv) Pay/free tourneys
v) ABCL tourneys.

Out of these iii) is by far the most important. Depending upon time over half the pairs tourneys aren't open to me, having to click on them to find they're language specific is a frustrating UI experience. This is particularly bad at European prime time. I don't see much reason for these tournaments to appear at all. Private club tournaments are often available for people who register, thus perhaps BBO should offer filter private tournaments & filter language tournament options.

Re. i), currently the next 15 tournaments scheduled to start are all individual, if I want to play with my partner the ui experience of scrolling is frustrating. Add in language tournaments and I might have to scroll through 40 tournaments to find 2 pair tournaments I'm eligible to play in.

Please add this and I'll love you forever

D

#2 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-July-31, 13:55

Not sure how relevant it is to you but we sometimes have a small number of registrations for an IAC tourney, so open it to the public (with completion percentage. restrictions) about 4 minutes or so before the start. That has frequently worked very well for us, and presumably for the players as well.Otoh we rarely run individual tourneys, virtually all our tourneys are pairs. We just don't run a whole lot of them.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-July-31, 23:40

You can do some of this already.

i) Enter "pair" or "indiv" in the Search field.
ii) You can find all robot tourneys by selecting the Robot Tournaments tab in the tourney list, or go to Robot World from the main screen. But there's no way to get only human tourneys.
iv) You can find free tourneys simply by selecting the Free Tournaments tab in the tourney list. When viewing all tourneys, you can find pay tourneys by putting "$" in the search field.
v) Go to ACBL World or select ACBL Masterpoint Tournaments from the tourney list.

#4 User is offline   deanrover6 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-August-01, 12:47

onoway - your tournament would show up in the 'eligible tournaments' list once you lifted the restrictions but not beforehand which is perfect.

barmar - you make a number of good points that will be useful, thanks. I never thought 'filter by search' so maybe BBO should still add a check box. The free tournaments - good point. Still need an eligible tournaments filter.

#5 User is online   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-August-29, 22:35

It does make sense to just not show tourneys which a person cannot play in, eg, on BL, language, country, etc.

It would be much more polite just to not show the tourneys available -- or use colours and icons to indicate which tourneys can be played by the player, and why others cannot be:
  • - ALLOWEDPosted Image

• - too new
  • - tcr too low
  • - on BL
  • - ignored by host
  • - specific language
  • - specific country (or just display flag)
  • - club only
  • - custom list only
  • - friends only
  • - player level too low
  • - masterpoints too low

That way the player will not have to click thru 40 tourneys to find one she can play in.
Less bandwidth for BBO, too, and less investigation & explaining by TDs answering "why am i banned"?

tOM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users