#1 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-July-26, 15:03

N opens 1 NT and S blasts 6 NT.
MP

Lead = 2

You win in south and play A and another to K. West covers your T and east discards a small . You smell something is burning but you play small from hand towards South and finesse. West discards a small .

Opponents are GIB so I do not expect them to help me with their discards. So I decided to play the obvious line, if East has K I am cold. My plan was to cash J, and play to the A and cash my remaining clubs and Q for last 4 cards, East can not hold.

He has to hold 3+K then South holds Qx AJ and I play to end play him. If W has K I will go down extra and it is MP. So I played as I advocated above and went down 2 when W had the K Posted Image. (If E holds 2-2 majors then South holds 1 +3 and simply finesses for 3 tricks)

After the hand when I looked at the full deal, I saw I could make by playing Q from dummy and transfer the thread from West to East. Full deal was.

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#2 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-27, 03:11

I haven't performed a guard transfer yet, without info from opponents it can hardly be the best play.

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2016-July-27, 13:13

View PostFluffy, on 2016-July-27, 03:11, said:

I haven't performed a guard transfer yet, without info from opponents it can hardly be the best play.

Gonzalo, I hear you but the reason I brought this hand was a little deeper.

I mean, why did West discard a spade on first ? Isn't he now unlikely to hold the J due to this discard? And isn't it kind of no risk to play Q, if we place J to the West hand? After all, nobody knows how many North has, which makes discarding very uncomfortable for East if he had the J (if he has both KJ we can not do anything anyway)

I still think, even if we were sure East held J playing Q is not the way to go since we do not have the T of .

But would you play different than I did, if spade holding in South was QT7 instead of Q97?
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#4 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-27, 23:19

You have EW switched, I see what you mean, I didn't even watch West's discard on first heart as I assume they would pitch a safe diamond. There is a lot to be said on basing your play on discards from opponents when they had knew cards that were known to be safe.

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2016-July-27, 23:30

View PostFluffy, on 2016-July-27, 23:19, said:

You have EW switched,

Ty I fixed it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users