• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Bidding Question

#21 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-July-22, 05:54

For me, passing over 1S and then bidding 4H over partner's 3C is weird. One of those things where without seeing the hands I figure that (at least) one of those calls has to be wrong. There can always be an extreme case, but I don't see this as one of them.

Which is not quite the same as saying that 4H won't make. Maybe it will. But after my pass, partner is not expecting me to jump to 4H and he may not welcome it. Unless it makes.
Ken

#22 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-22, 10:20

kenberg, on 2016-July-22, 05:54, said:

For me, passing over 1S and then bidding 4H over partner's 3C is weird. One of those things where without seeing the hands I figure that (at least) one of those calls has to be wrong. There can always be an extreme case, but I don't see this as one of them.

Which is not quite the same as saying that 4H won't make. Maybe it will. But after my pass, partner is not expecting me to jump to 4H and he may not welcome it. Unless it makes.

I agree
What is weird is getting into this position.

If you insist that an immediate raise to 2 shows 4 card support, support double are mandatory.
If you have not agreed to play support doubles raise on 3, not ideal but playable.
But passing first and then catching up with a jump preference is trap bidding of the worst kind.

Rainer Herrmann

#23 User is offline   forgo 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-July-22, 13:01

first of all, this hand is 2.5 quick tricks and should always be opened!! 2nd when people give hands
such as this they should always give vunerability and imps match or whatever!!! not knowing vun, etc.. I bid 3 hearts
Imps Red.... always 4 hearts!!!

#24 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-22, 15:23

I agree with those who believe 3 is competitive and clubs are at least as much as hearts if not more. If I am not sure I would raise to 4.
I can get along with 3 bidders but not with 4 bidders. 4 just....sounds way off yo me as Ken and Rainer explained why, to put it the polite way.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users