BBO Discussion Forums: thoughts and questions about democracy - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

thoughts and questions about democracy

#21 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2016-July-15, 09:41

View Postmike777, on 2016-July-14, 20:38, said:

I think you are being a bit too kind.

Barmar I can give you two very specific examples of how the IRS got more efficient and I hated it.

1)When I was young and did a great job at work I got a free, very nice trip.
As I got older these free trips cost me thousands of dollars, cash I never received. IN other words these free trips cost me thousands of bucks, bucks I did not have as a reward for doing a great job.
2) When i was young we could go to the company cafeteria for lunch and pay something close to zero for lunch.
In later years at the end of the year you had to pay taxes for those lunches with zero extra cash.

My take is people in general dont want to be caught when maybe they dont have all of their receipts or proof deductions. Or want the IRs to have access to such huge amounts of information about us through super computers and thousands of super programmers for those computers. As a result we deny them the money. But ya we want them to go after those greedy , evil corporations and 1%.

As for the police again perhaps a bit too kind. We dont want the police to know when we have 2 drinks at dinner or at that bar and then get into our car. We dont want cars to be able to give us a test for drugs or booze or sleeping before we turn on our car. Just one example of information that a super computer might have. Of course there are many other examples of data mining given enough money and great programmers and efficiency! Of course we want them to arrest those greedy corporate and 1% guys.

We want housing guys to go after Trump and his buildings...not not our local home that may be a tiny bit out of local code.

Speaking of strawmen...
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users