Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BHS

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-July-05, 00:24

Dominic Chappell argues that his £2.5m "reward" extracted from BHS is an appropriate compensation for the risk that he bore.

I calculate that his risk amounted to GB£1.00, being the price that he paid to Green for the company.

In what universe is £2.5m an appropriate reward for a risk of £1.00?

That said, I would NOT say that £2.5m is an unfair salary (spread over the period) for a CEO of a company that size. But that is not the argument that he makes. (Whether he was an appropriate CEO is another matter altogether).
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-July-05, 09:20

His risk is not just the £1 he paid for the company, but also any salary he could have received by working for some other company instead of BHS. If he could reasonably have expected to be paid tens of millions during the time that he only received £2.5M, he effectively risked all that money.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users