BBO Discussion Forums: Possible bug-response to splinter - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Possible bug-response to splinter 1N-3C-3D-3H sequence

#1 User is offline   frank0 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-July-02, 18:05

{comments}

3 is explained as transfer to , 3 is explained as shortness but N bid 3N with J7 and 4 cards support in .

#2 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-July-05, 03:48

View Postfrank0, on 2016-July-02, 18:05, said:

http://www.bridgebas...S4%7Cpc%7CH8%7C

3 is explained as transfer to , 3 is explained as shortness but N bid 3N with J7 and 4 cards support in .

Hi
Good topic.
Now I help to fix your post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-July-05, 04:29

Good topic and good question, I have no idea why no man responds.
Yes, responding 3nt is too worse, its only correct bidding should be to cuebid 3 to show fit. ok?
However the above is only a guess!!! Never be a real option.
Now let me tell you its issues on Gib CC.

Now you see that 3 says " 2-5,2-5,4-5,15-17hcp,18-tps,forcing.", that's to say rebid-3 will only show count instead of first control in . So we can be easy to get conclusion - there is a issue on Gib CC.

After 3, opener rebid 4 is cuebid to show Ace and deny Ace, so you only rebid 4 to show fit, but very difficult to bid up to slam on such Gib CC.

So I think you have no way to probe for slam for time being on such worse Gib CC.

#4 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-July-05, 04:33

I also found another issue.

4= cuebid, Ace,no A, so after 4, Gib bidding 6 is rediculous in the hand with small doubleton in .

#5 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-05, 10:11

This is certainly a valid topic. The OP makes its point clearly, I didn't see any need to add a comment. Quite true, bidding 3NT was a hopeless error and 3S was the correct call. I just wish BBO would comment more often, they are the only ones who can correct these problems.

Addendum: I think I have further identified the problem here. I have noticed that often when I have opened 1NT and GIB partner later shows a short suit at the 3 level, it often overrides my 3NT call to 5 of a minor without slam interest. I noticed yesterday that the description of 3NT does not include having stopper(s)! No wonder GIB doesn't know what to do from either side of the table.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users