BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs JEC Sat, July 2nd at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC Sat, July 2nd at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC on Saturday

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-July-01, 06:45

Please apply here if you'd like to play vs JEC's team tomorrow at 2PM New York Time (8PM Central European Time)

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-02, 03:59

Anyone? Need a team today :)

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-02, 10:26

Got Hyperon + yet unknown partner and thymepuns + yet unknown partner. Will update here when I know who plays.

I shd post these with more time ahead.

#4 User is offline   Jinksy 

• Experimental biddicist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-July-02, 11:13

If either partnership fails to materialise, Nick and I would be happy to play (so long as it's IMPs).
The "4 is a transfer to 4" award goes to Jinksy - PhilKing

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-02, 11:42

Already gave the names sry, but I wish I saw this earlier.

Team will be

diana_eva + thymepuns
hyperon + ronanv

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-03, 16:40

So this was a last minute team, sorry Jinksy I saw your post too late. You'd probably have done better.

The match was only 20 boards, not 28. We lost 24 to 57: http://webutil.bridg...9486-1467482511

There were some interesting hands and swings both way.

Board 9 was 12 IMPs to BBF when I managed to make a 3NT that Garozzo failed (!). Obviously I had help from defense, but that's details :P

That was an interesting play problem and I'm sure I haven't taken the best line. Advice welcome:

We were 13 to 4 at that point. Then board 12 happened, costing us 11 IMPs:

This was mostly me and thymepuns not being 100% certain we're on the same wave length but even then we shd have found the grand. My fault for not properly describing my hand, plus some blame to lack of agreements.

We were 14 to 15 at that point and next board was yet another swing, this time 17 IMPs to Jec. Talk about #13 being unlucky :)

At our table opps reached grand (I don't know why North took charge and went to grand with that unimpressive hand, but I'm not that familiar with their system). Other table played game only, I suspect there was some misunderstanding:

We got 10 IMPs back on bd 14, when our opps failed 3NT and the other table made it:

Score was now 24 to 33 so not all that tragic, we had a good shot at winning.

Unfortunately we kept slow bleeding IMPs for the next few boards and finally at board 20 I managed to majestically screw up a pretty hand by simply not noticing in time that trumps were 5-0. I tuned off, was already checking mail and stuff and didn't pay attention. Bah... Turned out it didn't matter, we weren't winning even if I had made that game but yuck. I'll post the hand anyway bec it's interesting, assuming you do notice trumps are off :P

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users