#1 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2016-June-30, 17:33

pretty weak opps BIGGGGGG tank before passing 3 clubs

lead 8 of hearts A 2 3

trick 2 Jack of clubs

"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#2 User is offline   Hyperon 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-June-30, 20:26

Duck to give partner his potential Qx. There is almost no option to put up a special defense here. Partner's lead is unlikely to be a singleton and partner is unlikely to hold the A.

#3 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2016-July-01, 02:49

Win with the ace and play the 3, which will hopefully look like a singleton. (If partner has Qx, then declarer has to guess both minor suits for this line to be wrong. Even if partner has the stiff Q or K you'll get the trick back if declarer misguesses diamonds.)

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-01, 10:46

View Postnullve, on 2016-July-01, 02:49, said:

Win with the ace and play the 3, which will hopefully look like a singleton. (If partner has Qx, then declarer has to guess both minor suits for this line to be wrong. Even if partner has the stiff Q or K you'll get the trick back if declarer misguesses diamonds.)

It depends on what the 8 means. Would pd make a preemptive raise with...

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
K

Or what would he lead from xxx ? If he leads the smallest (which is common sense to lead by count when you did/could not show support) then 8 is from doubleton. If so declarer has 5 and going for trick is futile. Especially if this plan consist of convincing declarer that I have doubleton + singleton + did not have any other bid over 3 at these colors. And play of J is a red flag that pd is likely to hold stiff Q or K. With KQxxx(x) declarer could easily play small from dummy.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2016-July-01, 11:02

View PostMrAce, on 2016-July-01, 10:46, said:

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
K

Or what would he lead from xxx ? If he leads the smallest (which is common sense to lead by count when you did/could not show support) then 8 is from doubleton. If so declarer has 5 and going for trick is futile. Especially if this plan consist of convincing declarer that I have doubleton + singleton + did not have any other bid over 3 at these colors. And play of J is a red flag that pd is likely to hold stiff Q or K. With KQxxx(x) declarer could easily play small from dummy.

I thought about this too. Declarer sounds like 2515. Declarer Needs SK and da plus one club honor or cKQ for bidding to make sense.

I really have no idea what's going on but there's nothing positive I can do if I hop cA.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#6 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-02, 15:15

View Postnullve, on 2016-July-01, 02:49, said:

well yes thats exactly what i did do, and of course declarer finessed and then made 12 tricks when he dropped pd's doubleton queen trump

https://app.pianola....6/Travellers/22

we got a 50% board but i wasn't sure if my play was correct
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#7 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-July-02, 15:19

View PostMrAce, on 2016-July-01, 10:46, said:

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
K

partner isn't very sophisticated, he knows 2nd/4th and MUD so he will lead accordingly regardless of whether its pards suit or whatever

#8 User is offline   rmnka447 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Golf, Soccer

Posted 2016-July-03, 23:04

At Trick 2, you've got to play low from A. BUT it's terribly important to learn to make the play in tempo without any hitches. That puts declarer to a guess as to how the cards lie.

This is akin to another common situation where you're in front of dummy with Ax and dummy has KJ tight in the suit. Same situation -- play low in tempo without a hitch. It took me a long time to learn to do this, but once you do, you'll be surprised how often it reaps rewards.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users