• You cannot reply to this topic

Layout bugged on mobile app

#1 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-June-25, 04:50

On the mobile app (version 3.9.1), the layout is somewhat bugged:

• each suit in a hand is spaced apart so that the hand overflows the boxes designed to show the hand
  • the contract (top left) overflows the box designed to hold it
  • during the bidding and play, the suit symbols are not aligned with the number/letter of the bid or card

I posted three example screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/2UKZ0

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0.1.

Thanks,

ahydra

#2 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-25, 10:15

The default system font in Android changed in a semi-recent update. That is the reason for the problems you describe. Thanks for the screen shots - it would be nice if everyone reporting bugs with visuals did that.

We are putting the finishing touches on a new version that fixes this problem, adds a lot of new functionality, and has some major user interface changes.

Of course I am biased but I think the new version is a massive improvement over 3.91.

Not exactly clear when the release will be, but getting this finished is currently our number 1 priority. If I had to guess I would say that it is likely that we will make a beta available through Forums within the next couple of weeks and hopefully do an official release soon after that. Thanks for your patience.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#3 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-26, 08:54

Thanks Fred for the awesome response. Went to click the "+" button at the bottom right of your post only to find it's not there :), so please take these: ++++++

ahydra

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-26, 09:43

I am hopeful that the new mobile interface will mirror the desktop flash interface in one respect: that in robot or instant tourneys where human declares a contract "won" by robot partner, the physical positions of the players do not get rotated "for convenience" to place the human at the bottom edge of the screen.

Now I recognise that my preference is not universally supported. If both sides to the debate have traction, just give use the user-defined choice.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#5 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-26, 13:00

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-June-26, 09:43, said:

I am hopeful that the new mobile interface will mirror the desktop flash interface in one respect: that in robot or instant tourneys where human declares a contract "won" by robot partner, the physical positions of the players do not get rotated "for convenience" to place the human at the bottom edge of the screen.

Now I recognise that my preference is not universally supported. If both sides to the debate have traction, just give use the user-defined choice.

Your hopes will be realized.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-26, 13:58

View Postfred, on 2016-June-26, 13:00, said:

Your hopes will be realized.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Ooooh. Cool!
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users