BBO Discussion Forums: Just when yo though it couln't be worse... - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just when yo though it couln't be worse...

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-June-17, 09:20

I had a bad start on the European Championships, losing 4/5 matches, I haven't been playing my best, although I played with slight fever, so at least I have an excuse, our opponents however had been playing great or guessing right more than they usually should. Our "worse" opponents so far had been Robson/Forrester in terms of IMPs we could get, so go guess.

Second match of the second day against Georgia (The country, not the US state). They declarer the first 3 contracts making only one fo them, then this came...

Ok, we had not discussed this one, 4 was suposed to end the contract, partner is clearly void in diamonds, but I am not sure if he has anything else (we tend to give preference to voids over other controls). At least partner must have AKQ10xxxx, if opponents don't lead a club, or if partner has only 2 cards in the minors we should have decent chances on slam.

I decided to rebid my void at the 6 level, just to see it come back with a double from East.

Come on, not again... are we both sure of the meaning of 4?, may I be playing on a 4-0 fit or something?, is there any chance in 6NT?

I conclude I have nothing better to play and pass in resignation.

a spade is led after a long thought, this is dummy:

AJx
KQJ109xx
-
Qxx

The contract looks good!, I win A, and play K to East's ace while I discard... and so does West.

a 7-6 break? come on! Why is this happening to me again?, is this all my negative thinking that creates this hands for me?, was I too brave to go to slam on a void?

#2 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-June-17, 09:24

Spoiler

#3 User is offline   SteveMoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, Travel, Bridge Tournaments and Writing. Youth Bridge

Posted 2016-June-17, 13:17

¡Muy buena suerte, Gonzalo!
Be the partner you want to play with.
Trust demands integrity, balance and collaboration.
District 11
Unit 124
Steve Moese

#4 User is offline   Phil 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2016-June-17, 13:23

Keep it going Gonzo.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#5 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-17, 13:58

View PostFluffy, on 2016-June-17, 09:20, said:

Second match of the second day against Georgia (The country, not the US state).

Hah! I am a little surprised that you even know of this Georgia across the atlantic. I would be hard pressed to name any government subdivision in Spain (Catalonia maybe? - that's my only guess) or any other nation over there except England. Once again I am reminded that Europeans seem to know more about America than we do about Europe.

Although Gonzalo, you might be the best bridge player in either Georgia if you went there Posted Image
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#6 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2016-June-20, 15:04

Actually everyone on my generation on my country has heard all US states names many times due to films and TV series. They might think that New Mexico belongs to you know... Mexico, or maybe place British Columbia below the border, but at least they know the names.

#7 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-June-22, 09:09

an interesting perspective===we all know bridge is mostly a game of % and bad luck can have runs just like good luck as long as YOU (and partner) are happy with your bidding isnt that the main point of this game? Would you really prefer to stink at bidding and win because one bad contract after another happens to make???? Don't let the negative get you down. Well bid and keep up the good work.... i just read the spoiler--------------seee in long run good bidding will win out hang tough

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users