BBO Discussion Forums: Another awkward bidding situation - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another awkward bidding situation You know you love it

#1 User is offline   zenbiddist 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-May-26, 22:37

IMPs.

#2 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-26, 23:01

I guess my options are pass or stayman

i vote pass

#3 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-27, 02:32

Too many questions: Which response structure are we playing? Is 2 Stayman? Is 2 hearts? What is 1NT - 2; 2 - 2? How modern is partner's attitude to NT overcalls - are they suggesting the traditional 1.5 stoppers or could they hold Kx or less?

There is a decent chance Opener has psyched here but recovering the heart suit might not be available. The danger is partner holding a major suit fit so that 4M makes and many will get there after 3 passes. Of course if Opener really does have a 1 opening we will probably be more than happy to play 1NT. We are vulnerable at IMPs so if we can safely investigate game we probably should. Whether that is an option depends on system choices though.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#4 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-27, 04:04

Pass. Even if we do have a spade fit, I don't think our hearts are going to be very useful.

ahydra

#5 User is offline   zenbiddist 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-13, 08:39

This hand really cracked me up. It was too funny to pass up the chance, so I transferred partner back into the LHO's 5-card suit. 1NT was defeated by two at most tables. Partner had to play like a boss to make 2. It was worth it just to see the look on his face

#6 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-14, 06:33

View Postzenbiddist, on 2016-December-13, 08:39, said:

This hand really cracked me up. It was too funny to pass up the chance, so I transferred partner back into the LHO's 5-card suit. 1NT was defeated by two at most tables. Partner had to play like a boss to make 2. It was worth it just to see the look on his face

I saw your other topic that you posted in expert forum and the action you took over your pd's keycard asking. And then I saw this topic and saw you transferred.

Those 2 examples alone tells me a lot about yourself. It is a phase that we all went through. You are pushing way too hard to put something that has your signature in it every hand.
This is an easy pass over pd's 1 NT. Just let the things go on its course. Do not try to put your signature in every auction.
I am not saying this to offend you. Sorry if I did. As I said we all went through this. The sooner you are done with this phase, the sooner you will get better. Or...I have seen people who turned this into a habit, which is very bad imho.

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#7 User is offline   zenbiddist 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-14, 06:42

View PostMrAce, on 2016-December-14, 06:33, said:

I saw your other topic that you posted in expert forum and the action you took over your pd's keycard asking. And then I saw this topic and saw you transferred.

Those 2 examples alone tells me a lot about yourself. It is a phase that we all went through. You are pushing way too hard to put something that has your signature in it every hand.
This is an easy pass over pd's 1 NT. Just let the things go on its course. Do not try to put your signature in every auction.
I am not saying this to offend you. Sorry if I did. As I said we all went through this. The sooner you are done with this phase, the sooner you will get better. Or...I have seen people who turned this into a habit, which is very bad imho.

I like to post the hands where I did something that I later decided was risky/illogical/silly, because they are the thought processes worth fixing. Cheers!

#8 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-14, 07:11

If opps play four card majors I would sign off in 2. If the play five card majors I would pass.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users