Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are these robots wired? Playing Bridge 4

#1 User is offline   jammen 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-May-20, 23:14

After two passes RHO bids 1D. I overcall 1NT and get raised to 3. LHO opens the jack spades. I have K9xx in dummy and AQx in hand. Is it really possible for LHO to lead the Jack from Jxx when partner has opened one diamond? I'll accept my occasional bad play, but these guys are picking my pocket and I have no recourse and no director to call.

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-21, 01:11

Don't be offended by GIB who just happened to get much luckier than normal. More often, GIB is going to lead a singleton king into declarer's AQ, some non suit when partner has shown a good suit, or some passive lead when holding a suit that begs to be led.

Also, GIB is likely to play a random high card when following suit that either prevents you from misguessing or gives you an extra trick.

Note: Google Hanlon's razor

#3 User is offline   Stefan_O 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-21, 19:08

View Postjammen, on 2016-May-20, 23:14, said:

LHO opens the jack spades. I have K9xx in dummy and AQx in hand. Is it really possible for LHO to lead the Jack from Jxx when partner has opened one diamond?

Ha-ha -- AWESOME lead!! :D :D

But I agree -- just a very lucky fluke here...

Would certainly be interesting to have a look at the monte-carlo samples that prompted this lead --- maybe one would learn something abt this great game :)

#4 User is offline   jammen 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-28, 17:39

And another thing. My opponent robots play double dummy while my partner robot plays like a dummy. How can I cut one of my opponents as a partner?

#5 User is offline   Stefan_O 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-28, 18:47

View Postjammen, on 2016-May-28, 17:39, said:

And another thing. My opponent robots play double dummy while my partner robot plays like a dummy. How can I cut one of my opponents as a partner?

Easy --- just twist your computer 90 degrees.

#6 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-28, 20:33

View Postjammen, on 2016-May-28, 17:39, said:

Each GIB has a double secret ID, e.g. GIB23. Only play with GIBs that have a prime number as part of their ID, because they play like they are in their "prime". The other GIBs are past their expiration date.

#7 User is offline   jammen 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-05, 11:38

Found another bot secretly wired. Holding xx, xxxxxx, xxx, KJ, wired bot hears partner open 1 and opponents smooth into 4 . J opening lead finds declarer with Q1098 in dummy opposite Axx. Wired bot now gets to score his K and get a ruff.

In both instances the wired bot's partner opened 1, yet the bot found a double dummy killing lead. Victor Mollo would be happy. This truly is bridge in the menagerie.

#8 User is offline   jeigh 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-21, 09:13

View Postjohnu, on 2016-May-21, 01:11, said:

Note: Google Hanlon's razor

Belatedly, sorry if anyone's still here and was hoping this had gone away.

Sure prevents it from being fun to play. And absolutely useless as a tool to improve one's game.

Do the folks who run this place not have the courtesy to be ashamed?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users