Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Interface Annoying Bad new features

#1 User is offline   lvzee 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-May-16, 02:27

Is there a way to return to the old interface? The current on does two things I find extremely annoying:
1. The home page defaults to News Feed (in which I have no interest most of the time) instead of who’s online, which is often interesting and useful.
2. The email box pops up in the center of the screen (usually to tell me the result of a robot tournament which I already knew) It covers everything, so I have to delete emails & close it before I can get to buttons that I want.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-May-16, 08:28

View Postlvzee, on 2016-May-16, 02:27, said:

Is there a way to return to the old interface? The current on does two things I find extremely annoying:

No, there's no way to go back.

1. The home page defaults to News Feed (in which I have no interest most of the time) instead of who’s online, which is often interesting and useful.

This suggestion has already been made several times, and we're considering an option in the future. Please see this thread for previous discussion about the new interface.

2. The email box pops up in the center of the screen (usually to tell me the result of a robot tournament which I already knew) It covers everything, so I have to delete emails & close it before I can get to buttons that I want.

You only get an email if you logged out before the tourney ended, so you didn't get the normal popup with the results. So the theory is that you don't already know the result.

#3 User is offline   ihusain 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-June-21, 16:40

Same here. I really miss the old interface. I cant resize the new windows. Why would they do that?

Imtiaz

#4 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-June-21, 19:17

View Postbarmar, on 2016-May-16, 08:28, said:

You only get an email if you logged out before the tourney ended, so you didn't get the normal popup with the results. So the theory is that you don't already know the result.

Might want to check on that. I've gotten mails for results I've previously seen.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-June-22, 08:22

View Postihusain, on 2016-June-21, 16:40, said:

Same here. I really miss the old interface. I cant resize the new windows. Why would they do that?

We didn't do that. You can still drag the dividers between the panes of the interface.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users