• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changes

#21 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-15, 08:10

View PostZelandakh, on 2016-May-15, 04:27, said:

It sounds like you want an amalgamation of the functionality from GIB and FD. I suspect this would be a very simple development from the FD side if BBO wanted to do it but their strategic direction is unfortunately away from it. If they had continued with FD development, I am fairly sure it would already have this functionality available.

Barmar suggests that something like this might be done with the robot system. This would be good enough, I should think. It doesn't really matter how good a pair's bidding system is, compared to having one at all.

The problem, of course, is that GIB often goes haywire, giving partner 15 cards, adding 10 points halfway through the bidding, etc. So people might be forced to make inferior bids. Unless, when wishing to make a bid that GIB doesn't understand, they could make a quick edit on the card. Naturally, though, this capability could be badly abused. But does that matter?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users