BBO Discussion Forums: Unstoppable grand slam, Gib Warrior ! - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unstoppable grand slam, Gib Warrior !

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-13, 02:31

I am a beginner and a layman, today I encountered a interesting Gib hand, I want to ask experts several questions on it.

See my results :

Posted Image

Note there are 9 hands with 7 contract in total and there are 3 hands with 6nt contract in the 12 hand records.
- Here is a classic sequence with 7 contract.

- Here are two classic sequences with 6nt contract.
1- When with interference:

2- When with psychical interference at one level :

Good job!

Now everyone can see, Gib directly bid up to 7, just like Warrior.
I would ask experts several questions here.

1- If this error is caused by the inaccuracy of the evaluation,can the Gib programming improve and fix it? how to fix?

2- Note :
- 7 says " 4+,20+TPs".That's to say Gib chose 7 when with 20+TPs.
- 6NT says " 22-24HCP". That's to say Gib chose 6nt when with 22-24hcp.
That's to say there are two different evaluations with two different contracts in the same hand, is it caused by a unknown bug? or other reasons? Meanwhile, did it also show TPs evaluation approach is inaccurate in the many situations?

3- Gibs only took two action in this hand, one without interference is directly to bid up to 7, another with interference is directly to jump 6nt.
Would you comfirm which is a bug?

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-13, 09:26

View Postlycier, on 2016-May-13, 02:31, said:

1- If this error is caused by the inaccuracy of the evaluation,can the Gib programming improve and fix it? how to fix?

Sure fixes should be fairly easy.
1. Prioritize using RKC over jumping to small slams or grands.
2. Increase minimum for jumping to grand, more HCP.

2- Note :
- 7 says " 4+,20+TPs".That's to say Gib chose 7 when with 20+TPs.
- 6NT says " 22-24HCP". That's to say Gib chose 6nt when with 22-24hcp.
That's to say there are two different evaluations with two different contracts in the same hand, is it caused by a unknown bug? or other reasons? Meanwhile, did it also show TPs evaluation approach is inaccurate in the many situations?

6nt says 20-24 HCP not 22-24HCP. Getting to different contracts really has nothing to do with "evaluation" on this hand. It's because of the interference. When there is interference, different auctions, it triggers different rules. The rules here apparently steer it into 6nt instead of looking for grand. Without interference it puts priority for bidding 1s over just like jumping directly to 6nt. But put in 2h ovecall and apparently it changes its mind.

I don't really think there are issues with evaluation at all on this particular hand. It's a rule priority issue.

3- Gibs only took two action in this hand, one without interference is directly to bid up to 7, another with interference is directly to jump 6nt.
Would you comfirm which is a bug?

I would say all buggy auctions on this board, except where the human throws in the psychic 1s. Direct 6nt over 1s is reasonable. Over 1s-3s, not using RKC is just bad. Although you likely have 13 tricks if not missing ace, not checking for missing ace is very bad since easy tool to do it. So just make GIB use RKC like normal person. Direct 6nt over 2h is also bad. You might miss grand slam, and might miss superior spade contract. There is no reason not to just put in 2S forcing. This may let you know more about if partner has some extra values, allow RKC use if a fit is discovered. 6nt can always be bid on the next round if partner doesn't do anything interesting.

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-13, 10:20

Hi Stephen Tu

Excellent reply !Posted Image
In my eyes, you are a knowledgeable expert, I always admire you.

Just now I would check my hand traveller, I was surprised to see hand No.16 with bad defense.

Posted Image

You would see its diagram.

Result : 7W=
Lead J instead of Ace !Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-13, 20:31

View Postlycier, on 2016-May-13, 10:20, said:

Hi Stephen Tu

Excellent reply !Posted Image
In my eyes, you are a knowledgeable expert, I always admire you.

Just now I would check my hand traveller, I was surprised to see hand No.16 with bad defense.

Posted Image

You would see its diagram.

Result : 7W=
Lead J instead of Ace !Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

May be it simulated that East had a void of clubs then the ace is a bad lead and a heart loser.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users