BBO Discussion Forums: Standard of GIB in Challenge matches - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Standard of GIB in Challenge matches

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-07, 12:13

Would someone in authority please confirm that robots in Challenge matches are of the "basic" rather than "advanced" variety? I mean, given that we are not paying for them?

That being the case, would it be possible to introduce Challenge matches in which the challenger prepared to pay $0.25 for (say) an 8 board match could have advanced bots? Or if he has already rented advanced bots could have them used in the Challenge match?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-May-08, 09:42

Robots used in challenges are basic bots.

I suppose there will be some form of advanced robot / pay challenge too, sometime in the future, if the format proves to be popular.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users