BBO Discussion Forums: Challenge a stranger who will bail - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Challenge a stranger who will bail

#1 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2016-May-01, 10:57

I challenged strangers twice before and each time they bailed after less than 8 boards. Two issues/suggestions about this:

- Score the unplayed boards as 0% in MP or just don't score them at all, giving the final result as N/A. Currently the unplayed boards are considered 50%. I know these results are perfectly meaningless, and only someone who has no sense of self-respect would care about the final result, but well I care about the result at least a little bit :P and it's a bit weird that if my opponent wins board 1 (unbeknownst to them) and then stops playing, that still counts as a 56.25-43.75 win for them.
- If the challenge was a stranger challenge, just re-issue it to someone who hopefully will play all 8 boards.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#2 User is offline   42krunner 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-May-13, 06:03

Reply?

#3 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-13, 20:14

We will probably redo the way challenges work in the near future. It feels a bit clunky right now.

Also, the person who doesn't finish playing all boards are technically considered to have withdrawn/lost the match, although maybe that bit isn't clear.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#4 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2016-May-14, 00:51

If you show
A: +4
B: -4

and results like:
1 3.0
2 1.0
3 0.0
4 0.0
5 0.0
6 0.0
7 0.0
8 0.0

Then no, it is not at all clear that you consider A to have lost the challenge because they bailed after two boards (maybe they even bid and almost finished playing board 3!). Of course if I go and find the precise combination of 3-4 clicks, I can find out that actually there are two boards that have actually been scored, but
A: 4, B: -4
Doesn't suggest that B won. I think you can forgive me in assuming that if A has more points than B on the scoreboard you show me, then A won and B lost, technically, mathematically, and any which way.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users