Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NUS

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-May-01, 02:01

I see that the National Union of Students (NUS) in the UK has, I expect through apathy among the rank and file, managed to elect as its president a pro Islamic State activist, leading to several universities considering forming a breakaway union. I have applied my immense intellect to the task of coming up with a name for the new body, and my suggestion is the Alternative National Union of Students.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2016-May-01, 16:22

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-May-01, 02:01, said:

I see that the National Union of Students (NUS) in the UK has, I expect through apathy among the rank and file, managed to elect as its president a pro Islamic State activist, leading to several universities considering forming a breakaway union. I have applied my immense intellect to the task of coming up with a name for the new body, and my suggestion is the Alternative National Union of Students.

National Union of Traditional Students?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-01, 22:41

Graduating National Union of Students?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-02, 06:06

Interuniversity Society for Intelligible Students?

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#5 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-04, 17:54

Well it will be better than the T-shirts produced (and rapidly reproduced as University of Cambridge ...) for Cambridge University Netball Team.

#6 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-May-04, 19:40

View PostCyberyeti, on 2016-May-04, 17:54, said:

Well it will be better than the T-shirts produced (and rapidly reproduced as University of Cambridge ...) for Cambridge University Netball Team.

The first version is awesome.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users