BBO Discussion Forums: Trap defense method??? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trap defense method??? How do you develop the system, against strong 1club?

#1 User is offline   valeroman 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-April-22, 16:32

Using the non-modified Trap Defense Method...
How do you continue the description of your hand?? :unsure:

Plz? :(

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2016-April-22, 16:49

View Postvaleroman, on 2016-April-22, 16:32, said:

Using the non-modified Trap Defense Method...
How do you continue the description of your hand?? :unsure:

Plz? :(

Sorry. I don't know a defense by that name. If you can describe the initial bids, I might be able to recognize it...
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-23, 03:05

http://www.bridgeguy...nse_method.html

#4 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-23, 04:32

View Postdave251164, on 2016-April-23, 03:05, said:

Looks like modified crash to me - X = ; 1 = ; 1NT = 2-suiters. That is a reasonably popular method in some circles. I suspect the part about these calls requiring 12+hcp is false though. Usually it is the other way around, delayed action shows a constructive hand with immediate action being obstructive.

To the OP, first of all welcome to the BBO forums. As a general rule Advancer bids to the limit of the hand and then you shut up and let the strong-clubbers try to work it out with the remaining space. After a 2-suited overcall, the advances are pass/correct so Overcaller's rebids are semi-automatic.
(-: Zel :-)

#5 User is offline   valeroman 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-April-23, 10:14

View Posthrothgar, on 2016-April-22, 16:49, said:

Sorry. I don't know a defense by that name. If you can describe the initial bids, I might be able to recognize it...

Double: A transfer to a long one-suiter in Hearts.
1D: A transfer to a long one-suiter in Spades.
1H: Promises a two-suited holding with Clubs and Spades (black suits) or Diamonds and Hearts (red suits).
1S: Promises a two-suited holding with Hearts and Spades (Major suits) or Clubs and Diamonds (Minor suits).
1NT: Promises a two-suited holding with Clubs and Hearts (rounded two-suiter) or Diamonds and Spades (pointed two-suiter).
2C : Promises either a one-suited holding in Clubs (the bid suit), of a three-suited holding with shortness in Clubs (the bid suit).
2D: Promises either a one-suited holding in Diamonds (the bid suit), of a three-suited holding with shortness in Diamonds (the bid suit).
2H: Promises either a one-suited holding in Hearts (the bid suit), of a three-suited holding with shortness in Hearts (the bid suit).
2S: Promises either a one-suited holding in Spades (the bid suit), of a three-suited holding with shortness in Spades (the bid suit).
The transfer bids are considered constructive and should be based on a good, positive suit. The holding should contain at least the minimum of a 12 point count.

:)

#6 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2016-April-23, 12:14

View Postvaleroman, on 2016-April-23, 10:14, said:

Double: A transfer to a long one-suiter in Hearts.
1D: A transfer to a long one-suiter in Spades.
1H: Promises a two-suited holding with Clubs and Spades (black suits) or Diamonds and Hearts (red suits).
1S: Promises a two-suited holding with Hearts and Spades (Major suits) or Clubs and Diamonds (Minor suits).
1NT: Promises a two-suited holding with Clubs and Hearts (rounded two-suiter) or Diamonds and Spades (pointed two-suiter).
2C : Promises either a one-suited holding in Clubs (the bid suit), of a three-suited holding with shortness in Clubs (the bid suit).
2D: Promises either a one-suited holding in Diamonds (the bid suit), of a three-suited holding with shortness in Diamonds (the bid suit).
2H: Promises either a one-suited holding in Hearts (the bid suit), of a three-suited holding with shortness in Hearts (the bid suit).
2S: Promises either a one-suited holding in Spades (the bid suit), of a three-suited holding with shortness in Spades (the bid suit).
The transfer bids are considered constructive and should be based on a good, positive suit. The holding should contain at least the minimum of a 12 point count.

:)

Thanks.

I don't normally play this method, however, here's what I'd use

Most of your bids (everything except for the Xfers) are obstructive in nature.
Don't bother going for controlled auctions, rather raise your partner as high as you can as soon as you can.

Over the wonder bids (2 --> 2), bidding is pass or correct.
Raising the suit shows support for BOTH the suit being raised as well as at least one or the other three suits.
Bidding a new suit shows support for this suit, as well as the suit that the overcaller originally bid.

For example, that parter bid 2 and you hold

Kxxx
xx
Kxx
xxxx

I would bid 3. We either have an eight card fit in Diamonds or we probably have an eight card fit in both spades and clubs.
Either way, I'm going to shut out an easy chance for them to bid hearts.

A 2N bid is the one strong advance. Responder will show range and hand type.
3 shows a maximum, other bid show minimums and hand type.

Over the CRASH bids (Color / Rank / Shape), a similar type system is used.
New suits show are pass or correct and show tolerance for either hand type.
1NT is asking for range and hand type
Step shows a maximum, higher bids show hand type and a minimum
Alderaan delenda est

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users