BBO Discussion Forums: Individual Robot tournament scoring question - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Individual Robot tournament scoring question Same contract result had 3 different % scores

#1 User is offline   Strangway 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-April-12, 12:55

I decided to try the robot individual MP tournaments and they are pretty fun and convenient for time. Here is my question:

I played 3d making 4 for 130 and got 17%. Two other players also got 130 (one in diamonds, one in clubs) and received scores of 50% and 82%. Sadly, I was unable to print the screen and I can't seem to find this information online.

My recap shows that, of the field I faced, most pairs opened a really heavy 1NT and scored better than me.

Why is it that a couple of the players in my section were able to score high% with the exact same contract as me.

That probably cost me a couple of places in the standings for the tournament.

#2 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-April-12, 13:26

GIB has its problems but I don't believe this is one of them. It knows how to matchpoint. I don't know how to access other players' results, but several others here do. I hope someone pulls up the hand and we can see what happened.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-12, 15:49

View Postiandayre, on 2016-April-12, 13:26, said:

I don't know how to access other players' results, but several others here do.

I don't think that they do, unless they are BBO officials. The opportunity to look into other players' robot results was severely kyboshed by influence from the ACBL about a year or so back as a "security" measure.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-13, 02:00

What happens is that when you first see the other scores they are shown with the percentage before your score was included, and your score is shown after it had been included. But they all get re-calculated and I'm sure that the final results would have you scoring exactly the same as the others with the same result as you.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#5 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-13, 02:02

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-April-12, 15:49, said:

I don't think that they do, unless they are BBO officials. The opportunity to look into other players' robot results was severely kyboshed by influence from the ACBL about a year or so back as a "security" measure.

Sure you can see them - until you have finished the tournament. It's the non-robot tourneys that (understandably) stop you from seeing other players' results until everyone has finished the round.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-April-13, 05:47

Yes if you played in the tournament as well then you can access the other players' results. The restriction to which I referred is that you cannot access the myhands records of robot tourneys unless you log into myhands under the Id of one who participated in the tourney to be interrogated.

The point being that while the OP could access the details there is no way that he could enlist the help of other forum members to explain quirks as WE would not have that access.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#7 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2016-April-13, 06:21

I suspect that Gordon is correct when he writes about you seeing your non-final score. You should pull the hand up now in myhands. I'm sure you will see that anyone who scored better than you made more overtricks than you did.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users