BBO Discussion Forums: Bad contract, result better than warranted - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bad contract, result better than warranted Next time I won't be so lucky

#21 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-April-15, 01:33

View Postmsjennifer, on 2016-April-15, 00:01, said:

I know that the tale will sound fictitious but here it is! Today I gave the responders hand to my favourite partner also playing Standard and LTc and SST and LST. I opened 1Spade and it may surprise us all HE PASSED.

bad bids sometimes work.

losing trick count is pretty useless. ask him how many winners he has opposite kqx of clubs.

#22 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-15, 02:42

I know that the tale will sound fictitious but here it is! Today I gave the responders hand to my favourite partner also playing Standard and LTc and SST and LST. I opened 1Spade and it may surprise us all HE PASSED.When I asked him to clarify his pass,he said " I have only 4 working HCP,and so I can give you only one trick.I have NINE losers and no fit.I can compete later upto 2 spade.You have not opened 2 Clubs which is the bid with a nine winners hand,nor have you opened 2 NT.1S is hardly allowed to stand so if you indeed have a double suited strong hand you will bid it.I can then decide my action." By the way,he is not cognisant of any internet bridge being too old(81 years) and so please don't have any suspicions in your mind that perhaps he knew the hand.

This is laughably bad, your hand was J10xxx, AJ, AKx, KQx, 3N was cold or AKxxx, x, Axx, KQ109 and 5 was cold, 6 pretty good.

#23 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-15, 07:10

I know that the tale will sound fictitious but here it is! Today I gave the responders hand to my favourite partner also playing Standard and LTc and SST and LST. I opened 1Spade and it may surprise us all HE PASSED.When I asked him to clarify his pass,he said " I have only 4 working HCP,and so I can give you only one trick.I have NINE losers and no fit.I can compete later upto 2 spade.You have not opened 2 Clubs which is the bid with a nine winners hand,nor have you opened 2 NT.1S is hardly allowed to stand so if you indeed have a double suited strong hand you will bid it.I can then decide my action." By the way,he is not cognisant of any internet bridge being too old(81 years) and so please don't have any suspicions in your mind that perhaps he knew the hand.

Careful! I'm 77.
I joke of course. Not about being 77, that's no joke, but I am easy about references such as "too old".
The local Burger King gives a discount for being old. I try to convince them that at 77 I am entitled to a double discount.

As for passing 1. No. I may be old but I am not dead.
Ken

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users