BBO Discussion Forums: Trouble seeing other results after Instant tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble seeing other results after Instant tournament

#1 User is offline   xeno123 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-11, 17:37

So after a tournament is completed, I sometimes have trouble seeing how others played the hand for some boards. I see the results listed, but scrolling down through the opponents in the "Other Tables" tab doesn't let me see how they bid and played the hands as you normally can.

In the weekly free instant tournament I just played, for Boards 1-7 I can view other's results (but not bidding or play), while for Board 8 I can't even see other's results - it only shows my own score and hands. If I go to my "Recent Tournaments" all the results and hands are there, so it's not a huge deal, but it is some sort of bug.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-April-11, 23:37

It has always been thus. Reported as a bug years ago (by me) but low priority to fix. I agree that it is INTENSELY irritating. Opinions on priorities differ.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   fourdad 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Football, Coaching, Family, Writing

Posted 2016-April-12, 11:29

go to "hands and results" it works from there.
It is not that it is low priority, it just takes some time to update.

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-April-12, 12:12

It is either low priority or zero priority. And the reason for that is likely because, as you point out, at some inconvenience and delay there is a convoluted alternative route to the desired information. No doubt if the hands and results section were not there it would still not be an issue worth raising because you could get it from the myhands website via your browser.

The fact remains that while you are on hands 1 to 7, and even hand 8 prior to the conclusion of trick 13, you have available an instantaneous opportunity to view other results, and from a user's perspective there is no reason to deny the continued availability of that very convenient feature.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#5 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-12, 13:32

I have also reported this problem, at least twice. The second was last fall, and I got a response from a BBO person who I have known very well personally for many years. She said she'd look into it and get back to me. She never did.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-April-12, 13:43

The simple explanation is that a completely different mechanism is used behind the scenes to allow looking at the traveller for previous rounds during a tournament and looking at results after the tournament is over (in robot tournaments each board is treated as a round). When the last round is over the tournament is no longer in progress for you, so the "previous rounds" mechanism no longer works. The client has the results for earlier rounds saved, but the last round results can only be accessed using the "after the tournament" mechanism. And that requires waiting for the results to be migrated to the myhands database. This usually takes about a minute.

There does seem to be an intermittent bug related to the last board. Most of the time you can click on it and see your own result, but sometimes clicking on it doesn't do anything at all.

#7 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-April-12, 15:52

View Postbarmar, on 2016-April-12, 13:43, said:

The simple explanation is that ...

The first step to correcting a bug is explaining how the bug is manifested.
So, you have completed the first step.
A good foundation for moving on to step 2.

#8 User is offline   Deepi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-May-13, 23:31

[edited]

This post has been edited by diana_eva: 2016-May-13, 23:44
Reason for edit: not a bbo forums issue

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-May-13, 23:45

View PostDeepi, on 2016-May-13, 23:31, said:

[edited]

Hi Deepi,

I've sent your question to support@bridgebase,com. They'll check and let you know.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users