Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions for Challenges

#1 User is offline   wjomlex 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-April-09, 17:24

First let me say that the Challenge functionality is great :D My (small) club is using it to do a round-robin individual tournament for fun.

There are a few things I'd love to see added:

1) Allow two players to set up multiple challenges with each other at once

This would just be nice from an organizational perspective. I want to challenge a friend to a multi-segment match. If I can set up multiple challenges, then he can accept them all and I can now go at my own pace.

2) Allow players to start a challenge before it's accepted

Sure you risk the other person cancelling on you, but between friends you can probably expect that they're going to complete the challenge (especially if you've agreed on it beforehand). This would be nice for pacing again.

3) Allow challenge naming

If we do set up multiple challenges, it would be convenient to be able to give them custom names to distinguish them.

4) Allow for more than 16 boards

I'm not too concerned about this one, especially if 1) is implemented, because then you can have multiple segments. But increasing the limit seems like an easy fix in the meantime.

5) Show challenge hands in the hand records on bridgebase.com

Right now you can only see them from within BBO.

6) Have some sort of page/menu that shows challenge results, with an IMPs / MPs total

This is pretty minor, but right now you have to manually sum IMPs / MPs (sometimes we're interested in recording the raw scores). But having a page of challenge results would make it much easier to browse previous challenges. Right now they get mixed up in your normal hand records.

Thanks for the Challenges :D I'll be playing a lot of them!

#2 User is offline   wjomlex 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-April-10, 11:13

7) Rated matchmaking against strangers with some sort of rating system

It's notoriously hard to make a rating system for individuals when playing with a partner, but when everybody has the same partner and opponents the problem is suddenly very tractable :D

#3 User is offline   wjomlex 

• PipPip

Posted 2016-April-10, 23:12

I see that 6) already exists, I just missed it! Thanks :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users