Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bidding disaster

#1 User is offline   AyunuS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-09, 05:51

Advanced robots, IMPs. A misfit of 19 combined HCP bids all the way to level 4.

The 3 is where it got weird. Idk why you would bid diamonds when you have longer clubs, and seeing that the other team opened 1NT, you wouldn't find it likely you'd be able to show the clubs after that. Not only that, it only has 4 diamonds and not that great of a hand and it's massively risky to go up to 3 in this situation and it also well overbid its hand. All of that when it could have just passed the 2 bid. But seeing that it left its partner in a bad spot since the distribution of the diamonds was relatively unknown, it caused its partner to go to a 3NT which its team did not have good enough of hands to safely bid. And after I doubled, it mysterious ran to 4 which I saw as even more dangerous as it's up to level 4 and the distribution of clubs was also relatively unknown, so I knew its odds weren't good and doubled that, too. Also strange that west did not bother to correct back to 4 even when it has more diamonds than clubs.

When all was said and done, it ended up losing 13.9 IMPs because of this bidding.

#2 User is offline   xeno123 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-09, 14:19

View PostAyunuS, on 2016-April-09, 05:51, said:

The 3 is where it got weird. Idk why you would bid diamonds when you have longer clubs, and seeing that the other team opened 1NT, you wouldn't find it likely you'd be able to show the clubs after that. Not only that, it only has 4 diamonds and not that great of a hand and it's massively risky to go up to 3 in this situation and it also well overbid its hand. All of that when it could have just passed the 2 bid. But seeing that it left its partner in a bad spot since the distribution of the diamonds was relatively unknown, it caused its partner to go to a 3NT which its team did not have good enough of hands to safely bid. And after I doubled, it mysterious ran to 4 which I saw as even more dangerous as it's up to level 4 and the distribution of clubs was also relatively unknown, so I knew its odds weren't good and doubled that, too. Also strange that west did not bother to correct back to 4 even when it has more diamonds than clubs.

When all was said and done, it ended up losing 13.9 IMPs because of this bidding.

I think this reflects a general problem with GIB's competitive bidding - without a fit for partner, it is overly wont to press on with its own mediocre 4 and 5-card suits at ever higher levels instead of just passing. It sometimes does this in my experience even when partner has rebid their suit.

#3 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-April-10, 03:13

View PostAyunuS, on 2016-April-09, 05:51, said:

View Postxeno123, on 2016-April-09, 14:19, said:

I think this reflects a general problem with GIB's competitive bidding - without a fit for partner, it is overly wont to press on with its own mediocre 4 and 5-card suits at ever higher levels instead of just passing. It sometimes does this in my experience even when partner has rebid their suit.

Hello AyunuS, Hello Xeno123 :

Welcome you to Gib robot forum.
Dear AyunuS, you said " When all was said and done, it ended up losing 13.9 IMPs because of this bidding."
Here, may I ask you a question?
How about 13.9 imps? What does 13.9 imps stand for?
13.9 imps, not big ideal ! And you know what? According to my research , I'm almost sure Gibs did it on purpose within unknown reasons. Now I will afford evidences in detail.

- Look at the screenshot of this hand traveller.
Posted Image

It illustrates Gibs occasionally give the players a little favors to encourage them, so you shuold know for you this is a good day, how wonderful beer ! cheers ! Howeven, for other players including my two hands in the other 15 tables, unfortunately Gibs didn't give us a beer.
Here is my two hand records :
- I look on Gibs playing :

Result : 2W-1

- I have intentional interference by double since I have seen this hand !!! But Gibs never escape ! Gibs are great !

Result : 2WX-2

Meanwhile, that screenshot illustrates How bravoooo Gibs !
Here I will post other hands which will tell you how well Gibs play ! Let hand records data tell you who is worst/best.

1- Gibs PK Human ;

Result : 1NTN-1

2- Gibs, good defense on human playing

Result : 2ntN-2

3- Gib, good job.

Result : 2W= !
4- Gib , well played

Result : 2W+1

( to be continued )

#4 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-10, 05:19

5- Gibs Vs human : Gib, well done

6- Gibs Vs human : Gib, well done

7-Gibs Vs human : Gib, good defense

Result : 2NTN-3

8- Gib plays with human : even human wrongly plays Gib CC, Gib still keep correct judgement ! Gibs, good defense !

Result : 2S-3

Another same hand :

Result : 2S-3

9- Now you see human is bidding rediculously !

Result : 2N-3

Another same hand

10- W Gib can be able to keep calm to pass, very good.

11- Gibs Vs human : look at this hand, human is bidding extremely madly !

Result : 4N-4
Now you see Gibs be so nice to human.Posted Image

12- Gibs, very very well done !!!

Result : 2WX= 470

This may be a normal result at below :

Result : 2W-1
But who would beat this contract?

My conclusion :

Gibs are becoming more and more smarter ! According to my reseach , this hand records data show Gibs play so well, really better than human. How bravo Gibs !
Maybe you wanna to ask a question on your desaster hand, I really can't say it here, however if you would urge me to say it, I only tell you that I guess this is one of Gibs strategyies.

My suggestions:

1- While you see worse Gib hand, please keep calm and keep correct judgement as possible as.
2- Just reporting to BBO

#5 User is offline   cloa513 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-10, 19:16

If 13 IMP isn't a big deal, how about GIBs just lose 100s of IMPs- just multiple by 20 your no big deal.

Report to BBO???!! who toss the complaints in the bin apparently given how bugs are still present and supposedly fixed. Better to let out steam in the forum knowing that nothing significant will ever be done.

#6 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-10, 22:04

View Postlycier, on 2016-April-10, 03:13, said:

Hello AyunuS, Hello Xeno123 :

Welcome you to Gib robot forum.

View Postlycier, on 2016-April-10, 05:19, said:

My suggestions:

1- While you see worse Gib hand, please keep calm and keep correct judgement as possible as.
2- Just reporting to BBO

First: AyunuS and eno123 have been posting (on occasion) in the GIB forum for 4+ years; it's a little late to welcome them now.

Second: Why on Earth did you think it was useful to post all that crap? OP posted this hand in order to make two points, that hopefully the development staff will address: (a) East should not bid 3 and (b) once the auction gets to 4x, West should correct to 4. Both points seem valid.

OP appears to have kept calm; you went bonkers. Looks to me like the reason to report directly to BBO rather than in this forum is to prevent you from gumming-up the works.

#7 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-11, 05:15

I always would say to new comer Hello.

I have found too many questionable hands almost like this hand while I checked the hand records,there are 16 hands in the traveller,only one hand record is worst in it, others are more and more better, generally speaking, Gibs are better than human for sure. Why is there a worst hand? Obviously, its purpose may be to inspire players' interest, have fun for its bidding strategy,merely. Or perhaps collect probability.

As we know the fact that the bridge is only a probobality game.If you can play with/against other people over 100 hands, we can believe we are sure to find a worst hand at least, just like a beginner, would I comment you are a beginner? Similarly we can find a excellent hand,just like a world champion. would I comment you are stronger than most of experts in the world?

What to bid 3 or 4 etc? merely one occasional hand, only a beer to you, cheers !Posted Image
Fun playing or strategy is a part of this game.Posted Image

#8 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-11, 16:23

View Postcloa513, on 2016-April-10, 19:16, said:

If 13 IMP isn't a big deal, how about GIBs just lose 100s of IMPs- just multiple by 20 your no big deal.

Report to BBO???!! who toss the complaints in the bin apparently given how bugs are still present and supposedly fixed. Better to let out steam in the forum knowing that nothing significant will ever be done.

Please don't get excited.
This hand data shows only AyunuS get 13 imps, others can't. in another word, this result is merely occasional instead of inevitable, only one hand data hasn't significant statistical meaning.
If everyone can get same result within same sequences, Gibs repeatedly making the same mistake, such data is sure to have significant statistical meaning, it really needs to be fixed.
Only one hand with 13 imps, really not big deal !

#9 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-11, 17:04

If 13 same hands with same rediculous sequences and worst scoring, it is really a big deal.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users