• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 1.48r feedback thread Please post feedback and suggestions here

#41 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-April-07, 12:32

Scope for expanding the Challenges:

Say you could issue a challenge to more than one named individual, in a single event? That would be cool. End up with a mini tournament of 4 or 5 players. You would have to have some protocol for if say 3 of the challengees accept and two simply fail to respond, but I can think of a number of alternative solutions to that.

Or you could have an Instant Robot Challenge, where I would challenge a named player to an instant tournament in which we would both play in the same instant tourney, being a pre-played robot tourney in which neither of us have played before, with 14 other tables drawn from the original robodupe (contrasted with 15 in a standard Instant).

Or you could combine both of those suggestions: Issue a challenge to say 5 other players to take part in an Instant, with 10 other tables drawn from the original robodupe.

And you could offer BBO master points to those participants who voluntarily pay $0.25 to play in it.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#42 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-April-07, 15:07

Compatibility and News Feed posting are enabled again.

#43 User is offline   jmc 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-08, 06:40

After a Challenge match completes it would be nice if there was some direction as to where to find the board results. I ended up looking in recent hands but it took me a few days to realize the challenges were treated like tourneys and I could easily see the results summarized in My BBO / Tournaments. Perhaps a link or some indication in the Challenges "room" about where the results are. The notice of completion of the match could also have this information. I've been using BBO for years. A new player to BBO might have a harder time.

Thanks for the Challenge matches. This is the main feature I missed when using Fun Bridge. I suspect I will spend WAY more time at BBO now. Can I get to challenges on my mobile app?

#44 User is offline   Rain 

Posted 2016-April-08, 06:55

Comp ratings, newsfeed, all working since yesterday.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#45 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-08, 08:31

View Postjmc, on 2016-April-08, 06:40, said:

Can I get to challenges on my mobile app?

Not currently.

#46 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-08, 15:28

You are disturbing the paradigm by having non-buttons to push.
1. Make the big choices big buttons
2. Reduce mouse movement by having, when you push each button, the most common choice positioned right under that button.

#47 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2016-April-08, 16:33

Suggestion:
- allow default tab in focus on right to be "Who's Online" for those who don't use the News Feed. Even when the News was a popup I always closed it.
(or, let it remember the last tab you were on, or if it is a "high-priority" news item notify the user somehow but not force them to see newsfeed every time on login)

#48 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-09, 00:53

I hope BBO can develop multi-language version in the future so as to allow users to choose freely.
From my personal point of view, I think only the English version is most classic, I would like to choose it.
Just saying.

#49 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2016-April-09, 06:14

View Postlycier, on 2016-April-09, 00:53, said:

I hope BBO can develop multi-language version in the future so as to allow users to choose freely.
From my personal point of view, I think only the English version is most classic, I would like to choose it.
Just saying.

You can put lang=en at the end of the URL to force English.

http://www.bridgebas...ent.php?lang=en

#50 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-09, 20:42

View Postbarmar, on 2016-April-09, 06:14, said:

You can put lang=en at the end of the URL to force English.

http://www.bridgebas...ent.php?lang=en

Ooch, I am very very glad to log into English version in five seconds, very fast, it is first time for me to log that, how wonderful.
Barmar, you are great.
Thank you,thank you and thank youPosted Image

#51 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-April-10, 12:17

The lack of a vertical scroll bar is not just limited to the top left pane of the opening screen after logging in (see earlier report in this thread and beta testing thread)

If you click on "Masterpoints and Races" icon from within that pane, the next pane that opens repeats the problem.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#52 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-11, 05:10

I open "My BBO" - "Hands and Results" - "Recent Tournaments". Then I click on "My Hands" for some Daylong Tournament I have played. The list of "Other Tables" is simply too long to extract relevant information. It would be much better if for each result there is only one line where the number of occurrences of this result is displayed in addition to the current columns, and the bidding and play below is just an example of a table where this result was achieved. Maybe this way of displaying other tables should always be chosen above a threshold of 500 tables or so.

#53 User is offline   mink 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-11, 05:19

In the "My Table"-list of a total points tourney the columns usually used for IMPs or MPs are empty. Maybe you could use them for displaying the average total points in this boards. So I would have a clue if my result is above or below average. It is not so important to have this information while the tourney is running, but I would like to have it when I study "My Hands" later.

#54 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2016-April-11, 09:26

View Postmink, on 2016-April-11, 05:10, said:

I open "My BBO" - "Hands and Results" - "Recent Tournaments". Then I click on "My Hands" for some Daylong Tournament I have played. The list of "Other Tables" is simply too long to extract relevant information. It would be much better if for each result there is only one line where the number of occurrences of this result is displayed in addition to the current columns, and the bidding and play below is just an example of a table where this result was achieved. Maybe this way of displaying other tables should always be chosen above a threshold of 500 tables or so.

Good idea -- BridgeMates use this same technique when they display travellers.

If a line is for multiple results, it probably should be expandable, so you click on it and it opens up to show all the tables with that result, and you can then click on these to see the bidding and play.

#55 User is offline   Hiboard 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-April-12, 06:47

There are several things about the new design that I do not like. Graphically, it is primitive, reminding me of the early days of web page design. I do not like it opening on news feed, but would rather have a default to "who's online". Perhaps each member can choose their preferred default. Finally, I question the need for new design...jut for the sake of change? sorry, it just doesn't work for me.

#56 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-13, 05:51

Just now I logged in to BBO by client of English version.( Barmar teached me.)
I saw Diana's Challenges, so I accepted it. However I joined the table and played normally several hands, suddently BBO server terminated our Challenges, removing me from the match table, I have no idea what had happened.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-13, 17:21

Now I can join the table to complete the rest of that PK match.

#58 User is offline   TinyLion 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-April-13, 22:50

View Postdiana_eva, on 2016-April-04, 08:58, said:

A new version of BBO was released today. This is Version 1.48r.

Main changes are:
  • Newsfeed
  • Challenges
  • Free Daylong Tournaments
  • New design

For details, see:
http://www.bridgebas...n-148r-is-here/

Please post your suggestions/feedback here!

The new design is Godawful! Liked the old one far better. Was much more visually well organized and far less of an eyesore.

#59 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-14, 03:22

Posted Image

I think " Challenges" is a wonderful match. Here I have a question, I have no idea what " best hand " is.

I think the challenges will become more interesting if I can challenge all my friends, so I would suggest :
1- add a option : Challenge all my friends
2- meanwhile add a option on limited time : 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, 24 hours etc.

More importantly, this will contribute to the activities of the bridge group.

#60 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-April-14, 03:26

View Postlycier, on 2016-April-14, 03:22, said:

I think " Challenges" is a wonderful match. Here I have a question, I have no idea what " best hand " is.

If you tick "best hand" then on no deal will any other hand at the table hold more HCP than you.

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users