BBO Discussion Forums: GIB should bid something more often on takeout doubles at level 3 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB should bid something more often on takeout doubles at level 3

#1 User is offline   AyunuS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-02, 04:35

Advanced GIB at IMPs.

On hands like this, I feel GIB passes too easily. It's a disaster to let my team make 3x when vul in IMPs as it's worth 730. I got 13.6 IMPs just for this. And it has things it can bid, such as clubs or spades, and 3 in particular seems pretty safe to me. And of course, its defense in hearts is bad. It should have more defense than that for passing to be a good idea.

And it does this kind of often, too. When you double at level 3, or especially at level 4, even though it says it's a takeout double, it far too often just passes even though its defense isn't very good.

#2 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-April-02, 08:01

Hello Ayunus :

Good topic.
Just now I replayed your hand twice by my basic Gib, sorry, I mightn't get same results.

1- Let Gibs make free bidding.

Result : 3W+2

2- Now I am imitating your bidding sequences :

Result : 4W=

Now everyone can be easy to see Gibs work so well, Gibs, very well done ! So here I would have nothing to say other than praise Gibs.

#3 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2016-April-02, 09:22

Yes why does Gib want to defend with 8-card fit and K?
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#4 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-02, 09:33

View Poststeve2005, on 2016-April-02, 09:22, said:

Recently I have found that my basic Gibs are becoming stronger and stronger , sometimes even it looks like expert Gib while I replayed post hands. Gibs could know deep mind?

#5 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-02, 17:50

View PostAyunuS, on 2016-April-02, 04:35, said:

Advanced GIB at IMPs.

On hands like this, I feel GIB passes too easily. It's a disaster to let my team make 3x when vul in IMPs as it's worth 730. I got 13.6 IMPs just for this. And it has things it can bid, such as clubs or spades, and 3 in particular seems pretty safe to me. And of course, its defense in hearts is bad. It should have more defense than that for passing to be a good idea.

And it does this kind of often, too. When you double at level 3, or especially at level 4, even though it says it's a takeout double, it far too often just passes even though its defense isn't very good.

View Poststeve2005, on 2016-April-02, 09:22, said:

Unfair comments above.
You said " And it does this kind of often, too. When you double at level 3, or especially at level 4, even though it says it's a takeout double, it far too often just passes even though its defense isn't very good."

Sorry, may I ask you a question here?
- I am wondering why you said " far too often". how much data do you ever collect ?
I know I have no right to publish data, if I break the bbo rule, admin barmar can delete my thread.

Posted Image

The 13rd hand is not valid, and add two my hands ( my hand results: one is 3 W+2, another is 4W= ), there are 17 valid hands in total.
Now, would you think this mistake is far too often? would you make some fair comments on Gibs?
If let you play team (17 boards) with human at bbo, would you confirm your performance is " far too often " more better than Gibs on probability?

In fact,I really want to post these hands, but it is too long.

#6 User is offline   AyunuS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-April-02, 21:51

I didn't mean it does this far too often on this hand specifically. What I mean is like if you take a bunch of random hands, and the other team bids and then you double, it doesn't bid something in enough of them.

#7 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-04, 03:29

In fact, your hand data have showed that Gibs occasionally make a serious mistake, never be " far too often".
In the most of situation, Gibs behaviour is good, never be worse than most of better players, even better.
What you said are unfair.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users