Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gibs keep overbidding me

#1 User is offline   woodych 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-March-31, 09:29

The Gibs keep overbidding me and it turns out more than half the time my bid was the right one.
Grrr, why do they keep doing this!!

#2 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-31, 09:55

Hello, welcome you to Gib robot forum.
You would better take several examples in detail, let's see the exact reasons.

#3 User is offline   woodych 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-March-31, 10:10

I wish I knew how to save and show the hands concerned.
It is where I have a long suit and my gib partner also does, although often still shorter than mine.
I have no support for his but he has a couple of mine.
I bid that suit maybe twice and gib bids his a 3rd time so I give up at that point, but after hands I see my bid was the right one.
Hard to explain sorry

#4 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-March-31, 11:21

Unfair comments. I check your hand records, I can find the results you played with Gib is more better than with human.
For example :

Result: 6E-1

It is you to be blamed instead of Gib.

#5 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-31, 13:29

View Postwoodych, on 2016-March-31, 10:10, said:

I wish I knew how to save and show the hands concerned.
It is where I have a long suit and my gib partner also does, although often still shorter than mine.
I have no support for his but he has a couple of mine.
I bid that suit maybe twice and gib bids his a 3rd time so I give up at that point, but after hands I see my bid was the right one.
Hard to explain sorry

Don't worry about it. Keep bidding your suit and GIB will eventually stop bidding their suit although it may be at the 7 level.

#6 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-March-31, 17:58

View Postjohnu, on 2016-March-31, 13:29, said:

Don't worry about it. Keep bidding your suit and GIB will eventually stop bidding their suit although it may be at the 7 level.

ha-haPosted Image

#7 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-01, 13:00

View Postlycier, on 2016-March-31, 11:21, said:

Unfair comments. I check your hand records, I can find the results you played with Gib is more better than with human.
For example :

Result: 6E-1

It is you to be blamed instead of Gib.

This is certainly not an example of what Woodych was talking about, GIB gave delayed support for his suit, it did not continue to bid its own. It's of course true that 6H was a bad bid and the human player deserved the bad result. Then again, posting this hand which has nothing to do with his post isn't fair.

#8 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-01, 13:52

View Postiandayre, on 2016-April-01, 13:00, said:

This is certainly not an example of what Woodych was talking about, GIB gave delayed support for his suit, it did not continue to bid its own. It's of course true that 6H was a bad bid and the human player deserved the bad result. Then again, posting this hand which has nothing to do with his post isn't fair.

I agree with iandayre here.

I had a look at the OP hands for the month of March (at least, those recorded in MyHands and available for public view) and filtered on those in which the OP partnered GIB, their side opened the bidding, declared and were defeated. That reduced the population from (if I may say an impressive) 1867 hands to just 17, of which I could only find one that remotely fitted the complaint:

Here GIB was propelled into Salvador Dali country by West's pass of a game forcing 3D bid by East, so what then ensued is uncharted territory. Possibly 4S was meant as a cue. Even this hand does not really meet the criteria, as East did at one point show some interest in Diamonds earlier in the auction.

To Woodych I would say: if you can't work out how to hard code hands into forum posts, don't lose any sleep over it. But you could just paste a link to the offending hand in the MyHands site. The lazy way out, and not permanent, but would suffice for most purposes.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#9 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-01, 20:56

This hand perfectly showed Woodych didn't understand Gib CC.
Woodych, after 1, would you ever read Gib CC before responding 2? Now can I tell you that 2 says " Forcing two over one--- 13+hcp,biddable D,14+TPs. " ? So only correct bidding should be forcing 1NT instead of responding 2 for forcing to game.
The blame is you instead of Gib. I am wondering why you looked down on Gib. Is it a language issue?
Fair play or unfair one? would you tell us?

This post has been edited by lycier: 2016-April-02, 07:35

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users