• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

BBO V48r beta - feedback thread Comments and bug reports welcome

#41 User is offline   dst463 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-March-26, 12:44

In the BBO mailbox that pops up when I log in, deleting all the messages doesn't work (the same messages appear when I log in again). Everything is okay when I delete the messages one by one. Win 10 and Chrome. Love the new look and challenges by the way!

#42 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-26, 13:53

I have never seen this before or since:

I am kibitzing a table but the imps gained and lost is too narrow.

https://kvisit.com/S9sLmAw

The standard solution to this when this would be to click your mouse on the dividing border between columns at the column header row and drag the width as desired, but the option does not appear here.

Contrast the view of "Other Tables" which displays just fine:

https://kvisit.com/S98LmAw
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#43 User is offline   ye17 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-March-26, 14:21

View Postdst463, on 2016-March-26, 12:44, said:

In the BBO mailbox that pops up when I log in, deleting all the messages doesn't work (the same messages appear when I log in again). Everything is okay when I delete the messages one by one. Win 10 and Chrome. Love the new look and challenges by the way!

Same for me using Firefox.

#44 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-27, 04:23

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-26, 13:53, said:

I have never seen this before or since:

I am kibitzing a table but the imps gained and lost is too narrow.

https://kvisit.com/S9sLmAw

The standard solution to this when this would be to click your mouse on the dividing border between columns at the column header row and drag the width as desired, but the option does not appear here.

Contrast the view of "Other Tables" which displays just fine:

https://kvisit.com/S98LmAw

Never mind this one. Solved it. Just increase the width of the entire scoring pane by dragging the pane divider to the left a bit.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#45 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-March-27, 04:30

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-27, 04:23, said:

Never mind this one. Solved it. Just increase the width of the entire scoring pane by dragging the pane divider to the left a bit.

That one shd be fixed, clear your cache and try again. Seems fixed to me, but good to double-check.

#46 User is offline   cosmok 

• PipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2016-March-27, 07:00

I've previously set up and successfully completed a number of challenge matches; however, I seem to have a problem with one of my arena challenge matches. When I first log in, it is listed with a green dot and when I click on it and press the 'play now' button the screen does briefly change to the the playing environment showing the 3 robots seated, but quickly returns me to the challenge page, saying "challenge completed". If I log out and back in again the challenge is once again listed with a green icon.

Thanks

Andrew

#47 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-27, 18:36

I am very worried about the connection speed, the current client is better than new one, its line speed is faster and more stable. If BBO will use this new client, how about us? Please BBO would help our chinese users of the China mainland.

#48 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-March-28, 04:13

I have a question on " CHALLENGES ".
While we join " CHANLENGES ", we will play with three Gib robots,
1- Are those robots basic or advanced ?
2- I guess it may be basic, no problem, however all the Gib robots can promise it would be same lead as all the players ? if not, it would be unfair play I think.

#49 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-28, 08:38

View Postlycier, on 2016-March-27, 18:36, said:

I am very worried about the connection speed, the current client is better than new one, its line speed is faster and more stable. If BBO will use this new client, how about us? Please BBO would help our chinese users of the China mainland.

I can not imagine any reason why the connection quality would have changed in the new client.

Almost certainly there is either some other factor that explains what you are seeing or it is just a random thing.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#50 User is offline   Left2Right 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-28, 19:27

A special congrats to Fred, Uday and company for recreating this wonderful blast from the past.

Here's a partial screen capture of the new v48 BBO screen motif.

Posted Image

Now compare this to a scan I just took from my stash of phone company IBM punch cards (circa 1969).
Yes, we from that era loved to write and draw on the back of these cards, so why shouldn't Fred. 8-)

Posted Image

P.S. The phone company computer spat out this MMU card when the switching office machinery got the call record wrong.
An accounting lady with an eye shade would review the card and submit a corrected one so you could be properly billed.

P.P.S. For those born after 1980, refer to https://en.wikipedia...ki/Punched_card

#51 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-30, 13:34

Testers pls clear your browser's cache memory, techs made some changes to the beta client.

If you have time, we need to test if things work well over long sessions. These sessions don't have to be continuous - you can play around for an hour or so, take a break for a while, but keep the BBO browser window open and return to the same session after your break.

Please post here if you notice bugs or strange behaviour (eg slowness, freezing)

#52 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-30, 14:56

After clearing the cache I had no more problems with a played trick being skipped.

#53 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-02, 09:19

Just now I watched Vugraph - Denmark - Team Championship 2016
Occasionally I found there is a commentator without star symbol.
Username pelu is a bbo star player.

1- While I used current client :

Posted Image

2- While I used latest client :

Posted Image

#54 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-April-02, 09:48

Now I use latest client to watch Vugraph - Denmark Team Championship 2016, semifinal 3 of 4
When I see pelu without star symbol, then I click his username, his star symbol is immediately visible.

#55 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-April-03, 08:14

I quite like that the URL bar is visible with the beta release (where it is not on the main (previous) release. I hope that it not a temporary thing that only exists because it is beta.

What I am not quite so keen on, although it is only a trivial niggle, is that when you are playing in a barometer scored pairs tournament, it is quite nice to be able to see where you are on the leader-board, during (ie prior to conclusion of) the tournament. This is apparent from your table number. You can get your table number by mouse-ing over the URL tab so that the full URL is visible in a temporary popup text. I think that it should be a bit more "in yer face" in the main body of the BBO interface.

#56 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-April-03, 14:40

Am I right in saying that "Challenge" hands do not get entered in the MyHands database? I can certainly review the hands in the "hands and results" links when I am logged into BBO, but they do not appear to be listed when I go into the MyHands web page, even logged in as the player. This is regrettable, in my view.

#57 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-04, 10:17

Now that the new client has been released to the public, we've started a new feedback thread here and I'm closing this one.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users