• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

BBO V48r beta - feedback thread Comments and bug reports welcome

#21 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-25, 04:26

I personally rather like the new "Challenge" feature, but I suspect that some of the more famous members will get irritated by being inundated by challenges issued by strangers. Often they will have "do not invite to team games" in their public profile, or similar. They, I suspect would like to have an option to autoreject challenges. To be slightly more sophisticated, you could have autoreject from (1) enemies, or (2) enemies and neutrals, or (3) all.

Of course, you could just not drill down into the challenges tab and sail along in ignorance of it being filled up with unanswered challenges, so maybe there is no great call for any change.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#22 User is offline   Rain 

Posted 2016-March-25, 06:41

How not to be inundated by "friends" posts:

Right now there are only 2 ways.
1) You can block a post or an author by clicking the "more" button in newsfeed (icon looks like a downward thing) and block. Blocking an author is permanent (but if you made a mistake you could write to support@ and get it unblocked.)

2) Stop following the person. A poster would be posting to friends or followers, so if you stop following him you won't get his feed post.

How not to be inundated by "friends" challenges:

You would mark the person as an enemy. That's the only way right now.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#23 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-25, 07:22

1- When we log into bbo for first time, it is very slow,even we need over 5-10 min, second time to log into bbo, also a bit of slower than current client. So I have to say that the best is current client.
2- The design is novel,beautiful and easy, good job. However it seems look like brief strokes :

Color sense : very good
Sketch effect : not good
Painting effect : worse
Surface effect : worse

3- VUGRAPH (LIVE BROADCASTS) :
Here is not good, I only meant it needs to remind users wether BBO is making Vugraph.

I am a layman, just saying.

#24 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-March-25, 07:58

Posted Image

#25 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-March-25, 08:22

View PostRain, on 2016-March-25, 06:41, said:

How not to be inundated by "friends" posts:

Right now there are only 2 ways.
1) You can block a post or an author by clicking the "more" button in newsfeed (icon looks like a downward thing) and block. Blocking an author is permanent (but if you made a mistake you could write to support@ and get it unblocked.)

2) Stop following the person. A poster would be posting to friends or followers, so if you stop following him you won't get his feed post.

How not to be inundated by "friends" challenges:

You would mark the person as an enemy. That's the only way right now.
thanks
1) works perfect :)
2) unfollow is not really a solution. There normally is a reason for following

The challenge is still there. How can I cancel it? Especially important when the number of challenges is restricted to 10/3.

#26 User is offline   Rain 

Posted 2016-March-25, 08:30

In Challenges,

If it's a Challenge for/from a friend:
Click the challenge to cancel a challenge you issued to someone else, or accept/decline a challenge invite.

If it's a Challenge a stranger (otherwise known as an arena match up):
Currently the only way is to play out all hands to finish the match. You can just keep claiming down all if you don't wanna play.
We've just changed the limits so you can start another "challenge a stranger" without finishing the first one.

But we're still imposing the 10/3 limits right now.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#27 User is offline   Rain 

Posted 2016-March-25, 08:34

Lycier your monitor is very big. It doesn't look like that for me. Enjoy your big monitor and make the right hand side bigger if you like. That's what your space is for.

Would you mind typing some chinese words in the feed post?

John Nelson.

#28 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-March-25, 09:21

View PostRain, on 2016-March-25, 08:34, said:

Okay, I have done, I am glad to find that web BBO is very compatible with chinese characters, thanks to BBO.

#29 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-25, 10:09

I think I have fixed the problem in which complete tricks sometimes disappear when they shouldn't. Thanks very much to those who provided information about this bug - you made it a lot easier for me to figure this out.

There is a new version available now that contains what I think and hope is a fix to this problem, but you will have to clear your browser cache in order to pick up the latest version.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#30 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-25, 10:51

Yup that worked for me
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#31 User is offline   slothy 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-25, 11:19

Well that is all the excuse i need to mark you as an enemy, Rain. :P
gaudium est miseris socios habuisse penarum - Misery loves company.

#32 User is offline   phoenix214 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge; Chess; Boardgames; Physics; Math; Problem solving; and anything that makes my brain thinking.

Posted 2016-March-25, 13:45

I really like the challange idea but a few suggestions from my part.
First I dislike that the limit is 16 boards.
It would be better if it would be a bit more - say I can set a challange with a friend and play it over a few days - lets say a long match like 64 board. Although no idea how much one match takes space up.
Anyhow 16 imo is too small as a maximum value.

The second idea is that you can implement the challange with vugraph hands as well - I have played with a few friends that we play a vugraph match and then compare it and discuss it out - so it would be nice to able to used saved deals for the challange as well.

#33 User is offline   frank0 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-25, 17:08

View Postphoenix214, on 2016-March-25, 13:45, said:

It would be better if it would be a bit more - say I can set a challange with a friend and play it over a few days - lets say a long match like 64 board. Although no idea how much one match takes space up.

The second idea is that you can implement the challange with vugraph hands as well - I have played with a few friends that we play a vugraph match and then compare it and discuss it out - so it would be nice to able to used saved deals for the challange as well.

Agree with this.

#34 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-25, 17:51

View Postphoenix214, on 2016-March-25, 13:45, said:

Good suggestions - thanks. I also really enjoy playing deals from vugraph matches.

We hope and thinks that Challenges will be a big hit. If so (and maybe if not) we will likely offer additional options for Challenges in future releases.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#35 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-March-25, 20:22

Lycier your monitor is very big. It doesn't look like that for me. Enjoy your big monitor and make the right hand side bigger if you like. That's what your space is for.

Even my monitor is very big, its size is 24 inch, I would disagree since I think it should have nothing to do with monitor size in the almost situations. And now you can see my picture is not the same as barmar, so today I open my another pc to check BBO. I will post some screenshots to tell you.

Monitor size : 19 inch
System : windows 10 profession version
Browser : Google chrome, IE11, edge.

1- While I use edge browser, I have no way to fill in my user's password normally. When I open Google chrome and IE11 respectively, there are no problem.
However their common problem is when we (including some my friends) log into bbo, its connection speed are slower than current client for every time, I beg BBO Don't slow down our chinese users' connection speed , we were too painful in the past. The connection speed for current bbo client is very good. Don't slow down.

2- While I open IE11 :
Posted Image

3- While I open Google chrome :

Posted Image

4- While I open edge browser :

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-March-26, 01:54

Now I found that " News Feeds " is a very good design, excellent design concept.

#37 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2016-March-26, 03:01

New bbo client is wonderful and excellent, now it is just time for BBO to close old bbo program.But for our users from China mainland, our pain are :

1- While the total number of people online are over 10,000, some of people will be difficult to log into BBO, even logging into BBO, it is easier to lose the connection.

2- If over 15,000 - 17,000, too many people can't log into bbo normally, or only watch never play.

3- If over 18,000, most of us can't log into bbo, of course, including users of community optical fibers.

4- many people only like old bbo program, never use web client.

Just saying.

#38 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-26, 04:15

View Postfred, on 2016-March-25, 10:09, said:

I think I have fixed the problem in which complete tricks sometimes disappear when they shouldn't. Thanks very much to those who provided information about this bug - you made it a lot easier for me to figure this out.

There is a new version available now that contains what I think and hope is a fix to this problem, but you will have to clear your browser cache in order to pick up the latest version.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-25, 10:51, said:

Yup that worked for me

I still have the problem. Trick is skipped after short delay when I won the trick.

Same problem in Challenge

#39 User is offline   albatroc 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-March-26, 05:32

My preference is to keep something from the old version:
1. Who's online tab to be on top of the left strip i.e. above News Feed.
2. Vugraph tab to be colored in yellow once open tables available there.
Overall, the new version is structured more user-friendly.

#40 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-26, 08:51

View Postscarletv, on 2016-March-26, 04:15, said:

I still have the problem. Trick is skipped after short delay when I won the trick.

Same problem in Challenge

Please close all browser windows and then, after reopening a browswer, make sure to clear your cache before trying again.

We are pretty sure this problem is fixed, but you won't pick up the fix unless you follow the steps above.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users