• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

BBO V48r beta - feedback thread Comments and bug reports welcome

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-March-24, 12:15

We have made a new version of the web-client available to Forums readers in the hope that we will get some helpful feedback before we officially release the next version to the general BBO membership.

Please let us know what you think by posting feedback in this thread!

You can find out how to access this version of the web-client and read about the changes that were introduced in it here:
http://www.bridgebas...le-for-testing/

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-24, 12:37

There is still no vertical scroll bar on the right margin of the top left pane in the opening screen. So the only way to view some of the options in that pane is to drag down the divider that separates the top left pane from the chat window at bottom left, until the chat moves over to the right.

This was a long standing problem with the previous interface and seems to have migrated across

IE11 on Win 8.1
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-24, 12:42

It seems to be pretty random whether the trick is quit immediately following the fourth card or whether I need to provide some input to bring that about, such as clicking on the screen.

To be more accurate, if Robot opponent wins the latest trick, then the trick is always quit immediately (not sure that I like that, but I cannot remember if that was always the case) and Robot then immediately leads to next trick.

If on the other hand I have won the latest trick, then sometimes the trick remains visible indefinitely until I click on the screen, and sometimes the trick is quit immediately without my input.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-24, 12:51

More on scrolling:

Touch-sensitive screens are becoming the norm. I have one and have grown accustomed to scrolling a screen by sticking my grubby finger in the middle of the screen and dragging it over the screen surface, rather than trying to activate the scroll bar at the margin of the window.

I find it a bit disappointing that this sort of scrolling is not available. Had it been, it would have rendered redundant my comment two posts up.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-24, 13:09

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-24, 12:37, said:

There is still no vertical scroll bar on the right margin of the top left pane in the opening screen. So the only way to view some of the options in that pane is to drag down the divider that separates the top left pane from the chat window at bottom left, until the chat moves over to the right.

Are you talking the buttons at the bottom of the playing window (Withdraw, Claim, etc.)? Unless I make the playing window really tiny, the buttons are always visible. What is your screen resolution?

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-24, 13:40

View Postbarmar, on 2016-March-24, 13:09, said:

Are you talking the buttons at the bottom of the playing window (Withdraw, Claim, etc.)? Unless I make the playing window really tiny, the buttons are always visible. What is your screen resolution?

Resolution is 1920 x 1080

I can never seem to embed an image file into a post in this forum. Others seem to be able to, so it must be possible.

Anyway, a screen cap of the problem is available in jpeg format for download from here:

https://kvisit.com/Ss_7lAw

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2016-March-24, 13:48

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-24, 13:40, said:

That's my resolution as well.

I can never seem to embed an image file into a post in this forum. Others seem to be able to, so it must be possible.

Anyway, a screen cap of the problem is available in jpeg format for download from here:

Upload the image to a public web site, then click on the image tool and enter the URL that points directly to the image (the URL should end with .jpg, .png, .gif, etc.). Many of them also show you the bbcode you can just copy to a forum post.

It won't work with kvisit.com because it requires you to login to download the image -- it has to be a link you can go directly to.

#8 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-24, 14:08

I think that kvisit is just another service like tinyurl.

In this case it is just a shortened version of a link to a KeepAndShare account that I have. I made the file shareable to "public" so if you click on the link you should be able to download the file without logging in. If try that and fail, let me know. Worst case I can always forward it by email to support@

#9 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2016-March-24, 15:28

I'm still getting the screen that says "to view it you have to ask the owner of the other account to set the Sharing controls to give your Keep&Share account rights to view the document."

Sites like imgur.com and snag.gy are good for uploading public images.

#10 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-March-24, 16:30

Challenge might be a nice idea. I could start but not finish without playing. How to cancel?

Still a lot of work to be done with translations (missing translation and typos).
A lot of text to be read, which makes it hard to find what I am searching. Text is often only partially displayed.
Little visual help for orientation. For example it was hard to see that vugraph is running.
More clicks needed (a bit annoying).

Where can I disable being feeded by "friends"?
Is there a way to find the old News in the News Feed area?

Including tourneys in the drop down menu "BBO Now" would have made sense.
Masterpoints and User profile only lengthen the list of "My BBO" without benefit.

#11 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-24, 16:42

View Postbarmar, on 2016-March-24, 15:28, said:

I'm still getting the screen that says "to view it you have to ask the owner of the other account to set the Sharing controls to give your Keep&Share account rights to view the document."

Sites like imgur.com and snag.gy are good for uploading public images.

My bad. Now corrected I think. Please try again.

#12 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2016-March-24, 18:02

Ahh, I thought you were talking about the pane when at a table.

Posted Image

For me it looks like this:

Posted Image

Apparently the difference is that you're using a very short window.

#13 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2016-March-24, 18:11

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-24, 12:42, said:

It seems to be pretty random whether the trick is quit immediately following the fourth card or whether I need to provide some input to bring that about, such as clicking on the screen.

To be more accurate, if Robot opponent wins the latest trick, then the trick is always quit immediately (not sure that I like that, but I cannot remember if that was always the case) and Robot then immediately leads to next trick.

If on the other hand I have won the latest trick, then sometimes the trick remains visible indefinitely until I click on the screen, and sometimes the trick is quit immediately without my input.

The way it's supposed to work is this:

When the robot wins a trick, there's a short delay and then the trick is quitted and the robot leads to the next trick.
When the human wins a trick, it's quitted when the user clicks (either to lead to the next trick, or in a blank area on the screen).

However, I played a few tourneys, and on one hand I noticed the misbehavior that you described. We're investigating to see if this is an old or new bug.

#14 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-24, 18:42

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-24, 12:42, said:

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please tell me:

1) Do you use pictures of cards or hand diagrams?

2) If pictures of cards, is animation on or off?

3) Do you use autoplay singletons?

4) Is this behavior new or does it exist in the current production version (the one you access through our home page)?

5) Does it seem to happen whenever you play against 3 robots (Main Bridge Club, tournaments, Challenges) or only in some contexts?

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#15 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-24, 19:26

I can see the same. Sometimes (maybe one out of 5) a trick won will be quitted after a short delay as if the robot has won it.
1) pictures
2) animation on
3) no autoplay singleton
4) this behaviour is new
5) in instant tourney

#16 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-24, 19:34

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-24, 13:40, said:

I reproduced 1eyedjack's issue even though I start with the display that barmar shows (i.e. that area comfortably showing all content and no scroll bars needed). I simply moved the split bar above chat up high enough to truncate content above it and noted that the scroll bars which should then appear are missing!
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

#17 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-24, 23:56

View Postbarmar, on 2016-March-24, 18:11, said:

When the robot wins a trick, there's a short delay and then the trick is quitted and the robot leads to the next trick.

I confirm that I do get the short delay here. It is not as "immediate" my post suggests. I feel that the delay may well have got a bit shorter, but that is hard to say scientifically,

#18 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-25, 00:08

View Postfred, on 2016-March-24, 18:42, said:

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please tell me:

1) Do you use pictures of cards or hand diagrams?

Diagrams. Not tested in pictures mode (yet).

2) If pictures of cards, is animation on or off?

On. Not tested with Off (yet)

3) Do you use autoplay singletons?

Yes. Not tested with off (yet)

4) Is this behavior new or does it exist in the current production version (the one you access through our home page)?

New. In the existing main release it always waits for me to click before quitting the trick when I am next to lead. When the robot is next to lead I do get a brief delay. Don't hold me to it but I think that the delay has got a bit shorter.

5) Does it seem to happen whenever you play against 3 robots (Main Bridge Club, tournaments, Challenges) or only in some contexts?

I have only observed this in Instant Robot MP tournaments. But that is pretty much my total life.

#19 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-25, 00:16

View Postbarmar, on 2016-March-24, 18:02, said:

Apparently the difference is that you're using a very short window.

I am playing on a laptop. The screen width to height ratio is higher than a typical desktop. As mentioned in my first post I *can* expose the entire pane content by dragging down the chat divider, but only by dragging it down so far that the chat window is unusable (or more likely it shifts over to a right hand side tab).

I repeat, this is not new to the latest beta interface. I have always had this problem, as reported here:

http://tinyurl.com/zcvqtbe

#20 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2016-March-25, 01:34

View Post1eyedjack, on 2016-March-25, 00:08, said:

Diagrams. Not tested in pictures mode (yet).

Now tested in pictures mode. Works as designed (for me. apparently not for scarletv)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users