BBO Discussion Forums: Rebid priorities with balanced hand - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rebid priorities with balanced hand

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-April-03, 08:51

View Postall loomis, on 2016-April-02, 22:02, said:

1c 3c 6c suit, no major, gf.

What would a 3 response mean for you?
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#22 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-03, 10:18

View Postall loomis, on 2016-April-02, 22:02, said:

i solve this problem by opening 1c with all balanced hands outside nt range.

1c 3c 6c suit, no major, gf.

Even/especially if you do play 3C as game forcing, the 6C rebid seems to me to lack any merit.

Ah, it's just occurred to me that you might have meant something different. How much easier life is when people employ punctuation in a consistent manner!

This post has been edited by gordontd: 2016-April-03, 10:20

Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#23 User is offline   PhantomSac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-03, 15:20

I know I have stronger feelings about this than almost anyone but I think it's nuts to play a style where you must rebid 2N with xx in spades. It's not like an opening 1N, you are extremely likely to get a spade lead with xx AQxx in the majors, so even though you gain sometimes by not leaking info most of the time you're simply going to play 3N from xx of spades on a spade lead.

I like to play that you rebid 2D with 5+ diamonds and 2M denies 5+ diamonds* typically balanced anti positional or 4441. 2N is positional. So this would be a perfect 2H bid to me.

*I reserve the right to not rebid a terrible 5 card diamond suit, sorry pard if that causes us to miss 6D but it also helps avoid some 6D that are lacking in the trump honor department.
The artist formerly known as jlall

#24 User is offline   Mbodell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-April-04, 02:18

View PostPhantomSac, on 2016-April-03, 15:20, said:

I like to play that you rebid 2D with 5+ diamonds and 2M denies 5+ diamonds* typically balanced anti positional or 4441. 2N is positional. So this would be a perfect 2H bid to me.

So if you bid 2H and then the bidding continues 2NT would you be bidding 3C or 3NT or something else? And would you agree with 2NT from the 3316 hand with Axx of spades?

#25 User is online   P_Marlowe 

Posted 2016-April-04, 06:56

<snip>
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)

#26 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2016-April-04, 07:25

View PostPhantomSac, on 2016-April-03, 15:20, said:

I know I have stronger feelings about this than almost anyone but I think it's nuts to play a style where you must rebid 2N with xx in spades. It's not like an opening 1N, you are extremely likely to get a spade lead with xx AQxx in the majors, so even though you gain sometimes by not leaking info most of the time you're simply going to play 3N from xx of spades on a spade lead.

*I reserve the right to not rebid a terrible 5 card diamond suit, sorry pard if that causes us to miss 6D but it also helps avoid some 6D that are lacking in the trump honor department.

Would your position change if the 1NT rebid would have been a strong NT.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users