Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gobsmacked

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-March-10, 00:43

In the news today is the assassination of career criminal John 'Goldfinger' Palmer.

Initially thought to have died of a heart attack, a post mortem examination *a week later* revealed that he had been *shot in the chest six times*.

WTF? It takes a week to notice that someone has been turned into a lead colander?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-essex-35766680
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-10, 06:20

1eyedjack, on 2016-March-10, 00:43, said:

In the news today is the assassination of career criminal John 'Goldfinger' Palmer.

Strange that it is it in the news today when he died on 24th June. Oh, and your link appears to be faulty but most of the details are to be found in this piece from 2nd July with today's story being available here.
(-: Zel :-)

#3 User is offline   kenberg 

Posted 2016-March-10, 08:05

Zelandakh, on 2016-March-10, 06:20, said:

Strange that it is it in the news today when he died on 24th June. Oh, and your link appears to be faulty but most of the details are to be found in this piece from 2nd July with today's story being available here.

Well, it said cardiac arrest. I suppose that being shot in the chest six times could lead to heart problems.

I was reminded of the musical Chicago, where a defendant explains that her boyfriend had run into her knife ten times.
Ken

#4 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-March-10, 08:13

kenberg, on 2016-March-10, 08:05, said:

Well, it said cardiac arrest. I suppose that being shot in the chest six times could lead to heart problems.

I was reminded of the musical Chicago, where a defendant explains that her boyfriend had run into her knife ten times.

Police used to claim people fell down the stairs - several times

#5 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2016-March-10, 09:24

Cyberyeti, on 2016-March-10, 08:13, said:

Police used to claim people fell down the stairs - several times

"Used to"??? :blink:

#6 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-March-10, 10:26

Zelandakh, on 2016-March-10, 09:24, said:

"Used to"??? :blink:

Not so much in the UK any more, in the US they seem to just threaten cops while running in the opposite direction.

#7 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2016-March-10, 10:54

Cyberyeti, on 2016-March-10, 10:26, said:

Not so much in the UK any more, in the US they seem to just threaten cops while running in the opposite direction.

The white boys perhaps. The others tend not to run so fast after being shot. But obviously they were reaching for a weapon while running away. :unsure:

#8 User is offline   WellSpyder 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-March-11, 06:07

kenberg, on 2016-March-10, 08:05, said:

You reminded me of John Mortimer's play "The Dock Brief". In it a barrister tasked with defending someone accused of murder rehearses an argument along the lines of "the victim's heart stopped... so he died of heart failure" before abandoning it as unlikely to secure an acquittal.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users