Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Find a Partner

#1 User is offline   novo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-February-11, 08:40

Hi - I am an experienced bridge player and play regularly at the Market Harborough Bridge Club un the UK. My club stats are available on their Bridgeweb website.
I would very much like to play on BBO but am a little intimidated by the system.
I need some help to find a partner since I play 5CM and a variant of SAYC which I think is known as Eastern Scientific. The are are not too many UK players using this as most use ACOL. The essence of the system I like to play is shown with my username (novo),
I am happy to have a trial arrangement and would not be offended if potential partners then chose to look elsewhere. I have a good sense of humour and am not easily offended. I am a retired doctor/university academic so I am able to play at a variety of times of day.
I look forward to seeing what is on offer!
Kind Regards - Ian Lauder

#2 User is offline   avigo 

• Pip

Posted 2016-February-25, 04:16

View Postnovo, on 2016-February-11, 08:40, said:

Hi - I am an experienced bridge player and play regularly at the Market Harborough Bridge Club un the UK. My club stats are available on their Bridgeweb website.
I would very much like to play on BBO but am a little intimidated by the system.
I need some help to find a partner since I play 5CM and a variant of SAYC which I think is known as Eastern Scientific. The are are not too many UK players using this as most use ACOL. The essence of the system I like to play is shown with my username (novo),
I am happy to have a trial arrangement and would not be offended if potential partners then chose to look elsewhere. I have a good sense of humour and am not easily offended. I am a retired doctor/university academic so I am able to play at a variety of times of day.

Hi Ian - I would like to play with you if it suits you. But am only "Intermediate" level so I understand that you would prefer a better player. the reasons why I am still replying are - 1. I believe I will improve if I play with a regular partner 2. Once I study a system I generally don't err in bidding. 3. I see that most players are not prepared to thoroughly discuss systems with partner but think bridge can be played by just "common sense".Bye the way I have with me SAYC write up but I don't know the variant mentioned by you so will need to find material and read it.
Even if you choose someone else as a regular partner I would welcome it if you would like to play occasionally with me.

I am a retired Accountant and am in India Mumbai.

#3 User is offline   TIE53 

• Pip

Posted 2016-March-14, 20:49

If I'm not mistaken, you're basically playing 2/1, which is a very common system among players on BBO. For the most part, you should have no issue playing with any partners that are familiar with "standard" 2/1.

#4 User is offline   Osbert 

• Pip

Posted 2016-March-28, 06:47

View Postnovo, on 2016-February-11, 08:40, said:

Did you find a partner? I am familiar with Acol, Standard American and 2/1. I live in the US but lived in the UK for 35 years before coming to America. (hence the Acol [which I still prefer but no one plays it here]). The time zones might make it hard. I am an advanced player on my way to expert (not there yet though). If you still are looking let me know.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users