BBO Discussion Forums: Slam bidding from Relaxed Club - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slam bidding from Relaxed Club

#21 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2016-February-08, 13:10

View PostZelandakh, on 2016-February-08, 11:18, said:

There already is a solution available, known as Kickback. This exchanges the meaning of a 4 and 4NT rebid.

Yes, but just for not use it (that can also be not better known) that i have told about Rkb (not indicating 10-cards fit).

#22 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-08, 14:21

As i have told in my post #2 talking that with five cards in heart or having a 10 cards fit, 5 is the answer ..that although force to bid 6. The opener has an hand of second range/intermediate force not minimum, a 6-card with another suit (diamond) unbalanced with most probably on-the-line all honors in trump agree and than bids 4NT. After that 1 is interferred i bid 3 thinking only to preempt and waiting as bidding had to continue but i was happy to hear 4NT (i thought partner can have 5 cards). Fourthemore partner wanted answeres as classical Blw when said that " i have to bid 5 "seeing 1 ace in my hand. Is this situation that i tried to consider referred to Rkb trying to avoid a forced six level because if the fifth is warranted the sixth not and expecially if partner hand is not strong (sured by a 2 bidding).

#23 User is offline   miamijd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-February-08, 16:45

A few comments (may duplicate those of others):

1. 2c overcall is awful. X seems obvious here.

2. 3h (if played as a limit raise) isn't bad at all. It describes the hand. Jumping to 4h is awful; you could easily miss a slam. 3c is fine if played as a limit raise, but if partner bids 3h, you should pass. 3 small clubs are lousy given the overcall.

3. 4NT is terrible. To make slam, you'll need to find partner with (1) As, (2) Kh, and (3) a stiff diamond and five hearts or Kx in diamonds and four hearts (partner won't have KQd along with the As and Kh). Not likely at all. Go quietly with 4h; a 3s or 4d cue-bid is pointless and may get you too high. Indeed, partner could have something like xx KJxxx KQJx xx, where even 5h won't make.

#24 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-08, 18:44

View Postmiamijd, on 2016-February-08, 16:45, said:

A few comments (may duplicate those of others):

1. 2c overcall is awful. X seems obvious here.

2. 3h (if played as a limit raise) isn't bad at all. It describes the hand. Jumping to 4h is awful; you could easily miss a slam. 3c is fine if played as a limit raise, but if partner bids 3h, you should pass. 3 small clubs are lousy given the overcall.

3. 4NT is terrible. To make slam, you'll need to find partner with (1) As, (2) Kh, and (3) a stiff diamond and five hearts or Kx in diamonds and four hearts (partner won't have KQd along with the As and Kh). Not likely at all. Go quietly with 4h; a 3s or 4d cue-bid is pointless and may get you too high. Indeed, partner could have something like xx KJxxx KQJx xx, where even 5h won't make.

Infact we are talking about because this slam is fragile. The bidding of S would have changed, most probably, the final contract it being a strong bidding of opp to consider. That is the reason i try to modulate the answer of RKB -that cannot be modify - in accordling to force of bidder (obv if there is a strong hand it is not necessary to have a reduction of it).

#25 User is offline   miamijd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2016-February-08, 23:10

View PostLovera, on 2016-February-08, 18:44, said:

Infact we are talking about because this slam is fragile. The bidding of S would have changed, most probably, the final contract it being a strong bidding of opp to consider. That is the reason i try to modulate the answer of RKB -that cannot be modify - in accordling to force of bidder (obv if there is a strong hand it is not necessary to have a reduction of it).

Slam isn't fragile. It is hopeless, and will be with most limit raises partner could have on this bidding.

#26 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-09, 10:50

This hand, as you can see, develops only 11 tricks and, with my 5 Rkb answer, partner gets off contract. Than i'd suggest this one: when you have a 10-card fit in heart as trump agree and partner bidding is not clearly strong (as 2 opener by partner or equivalent about force), having "one ace plus king in heart(=trump agree)" (that is the more economic possibility among answers) managed as you have a fit with nine cards, than lightly downgrade of one card your hand, requireing the answer of 5(=2 keycards without the Queen) that allows at partner to choise as to continue, having save the fifth level (if partner decides to pass). In this way it is not changed anything(=steps) in RKB it being also a suggest too (when lacking Queen).

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users