• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I should know this...

#21 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2016-February-07, 09:02

View Postzillahandp, on 2016-February-07, 08:00, said:

Zeland, yes I also know there are many different relays in the system and I assume so do you, am I right?

Not exactly sure what you mean by "many different relays" here. 2/1 is essentially a natural system. There are temporising bids that can produce an effect similarly to a relay but this is quite different to a relay system.

View Postmgoetze, on 2016-February-07, 08:12, said:

Who cares how many don't? The point is that your pretense that you can spread your vision of standard as gospel is untenable.

As I wrote in my previous message, the more popular way is for a reverse after a GF 2/1 not to show extras. There are plenty that do play this differently but if I were playing with a pick-up partner with no further agreement other than "2/1 p?", I would assume the reverse did not show extras the first time it came up.
(-: Zel :-)

#22 User is offline   Redbird44 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-February-07, 10:43

I think that playing 2/1 you would just bid your shape after the game force? Since the object is to find the best place to play, then how can it hurt to tell your partner about the actual shape of the hand even knowing that you have not fit in !s's? You are already in a game force so this bid should not imply extras. Playing Flannery in a 2/1 environment then I would think this bid shows a hand that is too strong to open 2!d (Flannery). . so it should show 17+ ??

All of these comments are questions rather than statements so if someone reading this finds fault . . please chime in!

#23 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-09, 12:01

I must be old fashioned, with four trumps and a void I raise partner.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#24 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-09, 18:58

In one of Matt Granovetter's mystery books, one of the characters advises him to bid a "convenient spade" with 4-X-X-5 hands. Maybe when the 5-card suit is diamonds too; I really don't remember. Perhaps someone has access to the details?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users