BBO Discussion Forums: Generic CC - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Generic CC

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2016-January-15, 16:06

I have maked for me a Generic Card of Convention entering (correctly now) via WebClient (i suggest to avoid crash or possibilty of blocking to go via Firefox Mozilla Beta): this card views a summary of my system (named Stayman advanced) and is simpler to do. A question: how is possible at table to watch those indications realized ? Infact, i've seen that on Duplicate, Tournament and MSN Club (Robot) clicking at "Table Option" is possibile,anytime, to swatch NS/EW Convention Card (yesterday it was for JEC-sillafu but today instead i have not found of - was it not activate by partnership ? I don't know if on Relaxed or Main Club is possible to watch CC playing with occasional partner although. May you tell me ? Thanks.

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2016-January-20, 16:21

if your asking how do you load a FD file onto BBO so you can use it? see below.
Step 1 : create an fd file-I believe you have done this.
Step 2: log into BBO using the windows client-this may be a problem as users who joined after a certain date re unable to login this way.
Step 3: click on CONV button near bottom of your screen
Step 4: click Work convention card- Clicking USE - this will load the last FD file you edited automatically. If you want other files use open button to find the one you want
Step 5: logoff bbo
Step 6:: login BBO using the regular web version
step 7: go to convention cards, find the card you just uploaded and click on edit, change the partner to who you are playing with
step 8: play with this partner and that convention card will automatically load
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-21, 08:14

View Poststeve2005, on 2016-January-20, 16:21, said:

if your asking how do you load a FD file onto BBO so you can use it? see below.
Step 1 : create an fd file-I believe you have done this.
Step 2: log into BBO using the windows client-this may be a problem as users who joined after a certain date re unable to login this way.
Step 3: click on CONV button near bottom of your screen
Step 4: click Work convention card- Clicking USE - this will load the last FD file you edited automatically. If you want other files use open button to find the one you want
Step 5: logoff bbo
Step 6:: login BBO using the regular web version
step 7: go to convention cards, find the card you just uploaded and click on edit, change the partner to who you are playing with
step 8: play with this partner and that convention card will automatically load

Initially i've clicked on "Generic Card" at the bottom (after choosing Convention Card) without insert x near "Prefer". This one allow you to have own Generic Card explained in its parts but, if you click on CC prefer of Profile have indication that you have not yet choise. Instead, as told in about BB0-home page-Convention Card- you must indicate :Prefer [x] and, in this way, clicking CC in Profile is shown it. But, after these operations have been made, i ask :with an occasional partner, if i must make your indicate choisen necessarly, how can i do without leaving table (i have not another computer) losing than seat ?

#4 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-24, 03:01

A question to steve2005 (that begun a dialogue) or anybody on this argoument: if i want to change any definition or,also i.e. transfert upon 1NT for answers in a system of archive of conv. Card (i have saved on my left list Goren KISS) how can i do ? Is it possible (if i go on modify i can't because is showed the system and to advance bidding only w/o changing anything) ?

#5 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-25, 16:56

View PostLovera, on 2016-January-21, 08:14, said:

Initially i've clicked on "Generic Card" at the bottom (after choosing Convention Card) without insert x near "Prefer". This one allow you to have own Generic Card explained in its parts but, if you click on CC prefer of Profile have indication that you have not yet choise. Instead, as told in about BB0-home page-Convention Card- you must indicate :Prefer [x] and, in this way, clicking CC in Profile is shown it. But, after these operations have been made, i ask :with an occasional partner, if i must make your indicate choisen necessarly, how can i do without leaving table (i have not another computer) losing than seat ?

choosing a generic card will not give you a full disclosure card. There are some premade full disclosure cards already made which you can use as is but you must edit them to change the name of your partner. That probably fixes your problem in post too. Do this before play, can do during but. easier to mess-up.
To modify a card that will give automatic explanations requires a program called bidedit. There is a webspace you can download some premade files including some of the cc's available on bbo as full disclosure
full disclosure link

#6 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-26, 11:15

View Poststeve2005, on 2016-January-25, 16:56, said:

choosing a generic card will not give you a full disclosure card. There are some premade full disclosure cards already made which you can use as is but you must edit them to change the name of your partner. That probably fixes your problem in post too. Do this before play, can do during but. easier to mess-up.
To modify a card that will give automatic explanations requires a program called bidedit. There is a webspace you can download some premade files including some of the cc's available on bbo as full disclosure
full disclosure link

Probably i've already seen anything here (but i don't remember where). As you told i, to change for a better definition or a type of meaning in any Goren KISS bidding, need "bidedit": it is simple to use for me (i'm not very able in informatic field) ? May you dress me with an url ? About my generic card that should viewble in Profile (webClient) what i has to do for a watching of it by a "pickup/random" my partner without that i has to leave seat to manage it in other side ? Thanks in advanced for indications, bye.
P.S.: i.e. in post #28 by topic "Building an FD version .." there is an url, although in denmark language, where about Goren i've tried to change 2 from nat. meaning in "transfert to " remaining this my indication but with which effect for me(=where results it) ?

#7 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-27, 07:35

bidedit is difficult to use. It comes with the files for the windows version of bbo. the url was on the bbo main page but has been removed.

if you have already downloaded the windows file is on your computer already. search for bidedit.exe

otherwise I may be able to email it to u if y send me ur email

#8 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-27, 13:27

View Poststeve2005, on 2016-January-27, 07:35, said:

bidedit is difficult to use. It comes with the files for the windows version of bbo. the url was on the bbo main page but has been removed.

if you have already downloaded the windows file is on your computer already. search for bidedit.exe

otherwise I may be able to email it to u if y send me ur email

Thanks, infact it was my hope. But because, as you told, i had understood difficultness (that for me is "on the corner" as you know). At this aim, as already told in "Alert" when was kib at sillafu/JEC table i saw that their used the ACBL card, i think, whilest the other pair the Generic Card as shown by table pop-up window (Show E/W Convention Card)- sillafu and JEC were in N/S with the other card - so screen shot both and choised for. On the other side i've seen there is another way too to get (OK script?). Then, willing i try to see at table, as i told you, i've thought to FD it being to do few things (as definite better accordling to system Stayman via Goren KISS only points, a different indication about preempt and transfert on 1NT and related bidding without enter deeply tree). Why do you know my email ? Is it not sufficent mail by profile ? Bye.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users