BBO Discussion Forums: Alert - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alert viewble for both opponents and partner

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2016-January-01, 02:42

(HNY for instance to everybody).I will suggest a sort of automatic or available "Alert" for explanation of bidding by player that can see either opp or ,but expecially ,partner when a bidding has multiply options : i think i.e. to priorly RKB because can be 1430 or 0314 and all important subsequent query for Q or K or also Classic Blackwood or Quantitative,transfert in answer to NT or if instead must be intended as natural, raise of trump if strong or preempt, 2 and NT bidding if are weak or strong, Michaels artificial or strong in old style bidding, Cappelletti having many variants. I tell it because occasional partner and lacking of time not allowing to define better it and also in "Profile" often there are not much indications. This can improve bidding avoiding many "misunderstanding" already present in bridge limiting important mistakes (others bidding can be added at my list). Thanks if it can be considered.(Lovera)

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-01, 07:01

What would probably be better is that people who play with pickup partners prepare one or two detailed convention cards and agree to play them with no changes.

Seeing partner's explanations and using the information is just too much of a distortion, while checking the CC is probably pretty normal in online play.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-01, 07:57

View PostVampyr, on 2016-January-01, 07:01, said:

What would probably be better is that people who play with pickup partners prepare one or two detailed convention cards and agree to play them with no changes.

Seeing partner's explanations and using the information is just too much of a distortion, while checking the CC is probably pretty normal in online play.

If you see my Profile it could be clear also, as you knew, for keycard-Oklahoma (jumping in 4x preempt). But the point is ,i.e. 1NT, that partner don't see it and If use weak NT or Rkb 03 instead 14 to give a wrong information . Instead making explanation in yellow box for all players allows this one is avoided, play is improved, resulting and bidding are ok and players are all happy returning to play again vs bad resulting and relatives conseguences, bye. I hope this my can be apply.

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2016-January-01, 11:34

While BBO can look the other way when people consult their CC (and I agree that a list on a profile is not enough), to enable "adjective bridge" would be going way too far.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#5 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-01, 13:32

If everybody could see your alerts, then you could just play that if partner opens and the next player passes, the cheapest response shows your exact hand, place the contract partner.
Wayne Somerville

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-January-01, 13:51

If you want to explain your bids so everyone can see, just type in the chat line.

#7 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-02, 00:57

Perhaps i can explain what i am talking with any bidding examples: this "automatic alert"(=A) confirms an eventual agreement that pair could make but that have not yet. Ex 1) Opener(=O) bids 1NT bidding allertable by (A) that requires explanation : [ ] w(= weak) [x] s(=strong) x indicates choise clicking meaning that O uses 1NT 15-17 strong now Responder(=R) bids 2 another bidding allertable in a predeterminate and restrict list (i have make one) requiring explanation if [x] nat or [ ] conv and it is clear that R dosen't use transfert or Texas because has choisen natural than O can pass avoiding a probable misunderstanding if had not haven this information. Ex 2) O 1 R 3 (A) for explanation [ ] w [x] s having indicate that is not preempt bidding continues with 4NT another sure allertable bidding requiring to specify if is [ ] classic [ ] Rkb03 [x] Rkb14 [ ] Q(=Quantitative) and R knows that with an A and KQ of heart must bid 5 but if instead O have indicated classic R must bid 5(=1 A) and with subsequent 5 (A) requires explanation if is for [ ] Q(=Queen) [x] K(=King) than 6 (=1 K)will be the right answer. Ex 3) 1NT allertable etc let's see defence with opp bidding of 2 (A) [x] nat [ ] conv and we knows that is not used i.e. Cappelletti but is indicated the suit of diamond. If must eventually be indicated force it needs to indicate the range used in system/CC i.e. for precedent raise of 3 must be indicated 14-18 and not the precise force of the hand of player.

This post has been edited by Lovera: 2016-February-28, 09:46

#8 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-03, 04:45

I have seen (via BBO Italia) that :" On BBO you can compile your own CC. This serves two purposes: - to prepare the classic CC, like the one that is used to make at own club-to allow that BBO allerts automatically conventional biddings when we're playing at a table, with a duplicate or a tournament." Than seems that anything is too yet. Where i can compile my CC (actually i have put in Profile indications) ? This one in Topic serve to everyone avoiding to make mistakes/misunderstanding in bidding, bye.

#9 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2016-January-03, 15:44

You need to use the Windows download version of BBO to make Full Disclosure convention cards. Making one of those CCs from scratch is a very pain-staking process. You have to go through every step of the bids for each sequence, filling in the meanings. I don't recommend it unless you're very determined.

If you do try to do this, you may be able to get help from people who've done it before by posting in the "Dealer and Full Disclosure' forum.

#10 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-03, 16:42

View Postbarmar, on 2016-January-03, 15:44, said:

You need to use the Windows download version of BBO to make Full Disclosure convention cards. Making one of those CCs from scratch is a very pain-staking process. You have to go through every step of the bids for each sequence, filling in the meanings. I don't recommend it unless you're very determined.

If you do try to do this, you may be able to get help from people who've done it before by posting in the "Dealer and Full Disclosure' forum.

Yes, i know it because few time ago i've found by searching box this information about Convention Card and seems that was indicate at the end of GIB Card explanation in Home. Although my idea by-pass it because is easier to make needing indicate only most used bidding (as RKB, NT, and others already told) but with different answers that are in a limitate number. Than i hope BBO can consider favoureble it.

#11 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-04, 08:29

View Postbarmar, on 2016-January-03, 15:44, said:

Maybe Kungsgeten's markup language is the way to go?

http://www.bridgebas...ull-disclosure/
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#12 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-04, 09:30

If it will avoid complexity about programming should be possible open, as for "Claim", a second "window" with roll :one can be reserved for explanation of RKB, another for conventional or not biddings as Cappelletti (over 1NT) and Michaels (over 1x) with the only predeterminates answers of [ ] conv [ ] nat/classic and so on in eventual other bidding cases with ambigue treatment.

#13 User is online   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2016-January-07, 20:36

What your suggesting is completed already with full disclosure.
Yes, to upload the bbs file for full disclosure you needs to use the windows version. Once loaded you can use in browser version.
There are already full disclosure cards readily available on BBO for 2/1, SAYC, Precision, WJ2005, Old Acol, Goren Kiss, BBO Italian and French Standard.
If you look around the web you can find other systems available. You can edit these to your hearts content making them simple or as detailed as you want.
http://fulldisclosur...ebsites.net/FD/
Why you would need for RKCB I don't know? It's not alertable and people play different ace asking bids.

Full disclosure never caught on which I think is too bad,. I suspect because of the amount of work needed for each partnership.
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#14 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2016-January-07, 21:40

View Poststeve2005, on 2016-January-07, 20:36, said:

What you're suggesting is completed already with full disclosure.
Yes, to upload the bbs file for full disclosure you needs to use the windows version. Once loaded you can use in browser version.
There are already full disclosure cards readily available on BBO for 2/1, SAYC, Precision, WJ2005, Old Acol, Goren Kiss, BBO Italian and French Standard.
Full disclosure never caught on which I think is too bad,. I suspect because of the amount of work needed for each partnership.

But you can, especially if playing with pickups partnerships, either create a card that you prefer or use one of the available ones as written.

#15 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-08, 08:23

View Poststeve2005, on 2016-January-07, 20:36, said:

What your suggesting is completed already with full disclosure.
If you look around the web you can find other systems available. You can edit these to your hearts content making them simple or as detailed as you want.
http://fulldisclosur...ebsites.net/FD/
Why you would need for RKCB I don't know? It's not alertable and people play different ace asking bids.

For "spot" sake it's better here (i'm quitely sealing to 3.000 about views) than FD and Dealer section (almost specific about informatic language - i suggest to open all topics for seven pages clicking at bottom - that i know very little and if someone can help me thx in advance). After having seen probably it's close to my system - a sort of Stayman advanced integrates with transferts and RKBs - Goren KISS needing although any modify processed (how ?) or if anyone can tell me about Stayman published around .. A good news is that RKB (what partner ? 03 or 14 .) is not ultheriorly developed. I think it is only explaining until second round usefull to drive bidding at table.

#16 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-09, 00:38

View PostVampyr, on 2016-January-07, 21:40, said:

But you can, especially if playing with pickups partnerships, either create a card that you prefer or use one of the available ones as written.

Yes i'd want but how may i get it ? Let you consider that i work with a Samsung Galaxy tablet 10.2".

#17 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-12, 13:53

View PostVampyr, on 2016-January-07, 21:40, said:

I'm getting back from the table of JEC "TEAM CAYNE/STARS" and i have seen NS convention card (2/1) similar as card at GIB CC and subsequently EW convention card instead represented in this way "System Summary 2/1(first line) NT openings 1NT 15-17 2NT ..(second line) etc. Than there is the possibility to have a CC more simple to compilate if we are referring to CC by NS, is it right ? If EW CC was actived we can have a sort of profile in standard mode and similar for everybodies. I have seen that problem to bild it seems to be many requering different and complex operations (for instance i don't get to enter password in Web Client probably for a blocking of any type).

#18 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-16, 01:29

I, having solved blockage to CC and profile, has maked "Generic CC" of my system (Stayman advanced) - a second indication of it there is also because i had tried to insert x in "Preferred"(Preferiti) but then leaving [ ] both "Preferred" and "Partner". A question: at table how is vieweble for consulting by opp and/or partner ? If not what must make more ? As bidding is different by GIB CC (not more vieweble in home 'cause my choising) i.e i not use Jacoby and raise is weak when for GIB is strong what's happening If play with me as partner, follow my CC answering consequently ? Thanks for help.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users