BBO Discussion Forums: The mirror top honors situation - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The mirror top honors situation

#21 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-December-26, 15:05

As Stephen Tu has pointed in his long and datailed post this slam is fragile and doesn't convein to bid it either for conditions to make that has to be sured reducing percentage or for information that partnership needs to have if approach and give at opp and this one i looked for (i did not want necessary in slam). About bidding forcing (1-3) a question :if i will use it and "alert" indicating "14-18 forcing " in box (in yellow) partner read it before make his bidding ruleing than consequently ? Yes, the assumption " if i have 3 ..." is a sillogism and this one often get off-road but, considering cards distribution already to have 3 honors seems to me a "lucky strike" let's figure two ones. To respond also to lycier, i have bidded four not thinking partner had more of two Aces and because anytime after having bidded 3.. pass. This honors situation happens where bidding is 1NT or 2 or 2NT, double etc than bidding showing force and this the aim to insert cue to indicate this "sort" of extra if you will grow up probabilities to consider it with success.

#22 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2015-December-27, 08:12

It may not be sufficient to get you to slam, but East should definitely open 1N (15-17) using any decent hand evaluator (i.e. not Milton Work) that has been normalised to yield a total of 10 points for an ace, a king, a queen and a jack.

#23 User is offline   lorddarryl 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-December-27, 14:26

View PostLovera, on 2015-December-20, 04:20, said:

{comments}

This is all in code

#24 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-27, 14:29

Infact other pairs had opened and closed 1NT-3NT. But partner may have considered a major room for bidding with 1 and having Aces and 9. I infact was on going to reverse heart when fit was revealed.

#25 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-14, 08:52

Because this topic is on the stage "work-in-progress" and anyone that can integrate it for indication of "force" is welcome, yet 'cause few days ago i have realized 13 tricks in a spade contract (i have not declared it having QJxx in club suit of opp in a competitive bidding whilest at another table a pair will get six via cue bidds) realizing subsequently that in my hand i had three Jacks ..of the type "mirror top honors" style for another slam to play. Than, reviewing my list indicated previously the hands 17*,20,37*,77,80,100,106,120,122,131* get slam and those one with "*" had also direct slam bidding (why/how ?!). Fourthemore we can add at these the hands by MrAce board 12 and that of oryctolagi in topic "I call Shenanigans". It is an interesting situation that, off of any consideration, if it should represent in future, i think can be usefull and indicative to "rule" for an eventual slam bidding, bye.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users