BBO Discussion Forums: now have to type in user name and p/w each time I log in - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

now have to type in user name and p/w each time I log in

#1 User is offline   Corral_2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-November-22, 08:52

I had my pc in the shop for a problem- but afterwards I started having to type in my user name and p/w each time I wanted to log in. Also each time I have to change the cards to "smaller cards". I log in a lot so it is getting annoying. I have auto fill on and it works with all other forms but not for BBO.I have allowed BBO to store data on my pc (if that has anything to do with anything) Sure would like to get back to the ease of not having to type it all in everytime

#2 User is offline   shyams 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-22, 11:32

I'm not the expert on BBO matters but this may be something to do with your browser or your security program (McAfee etc) settings.

Browser: You may wish to check if you've chosen the option to "erase all history" on exit. If so, please untick and retry.
Security programs that protect your PC could also have features to automatically erase history or cookies at shutdown. This may also affect how you login to BBO.

This should barely take 5 min to check & rectify.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-November-22, 11:55

I don't know if it is still the case but there used to be a problem where the method of exiting the program determined whether or not it remembered your settings at the time of exit. If you exited by clicking on "log off" it would remember the settings, but if you exited by closing the application (ie by clicking on the top right "x") then it would not.

I doubt that this would explain its failure to remember your log in password, but it may be relevant to the loss of other settings ... unless that has since been fixed.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2015-November-22, 15:34

It sounds like you may have disabled Flash local storage. See this Flash Player help file.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users